- Last post
- 5 Responses
I'd advocate for off-board storage these days myself because realistically, if you're working with 8K video, you won't get it all on local storage anyway, and not for long term. You can get a TINY 2GB external SSD for under $200 now.
- sure, but you want it to be portable...otherwise a mac mini or imac is good enough, specially if you wait out the updatesuan
- they're like 1/3 the size of a phone, you could fit a handful of them in a single pocket, lolmonospaced
- That's the size of a business card. Beyond portable. And let's face it, that's how the industry works now.monospaced
- 2GB?!? ;)duckseason
- Yes. Just an example. They come in larger sizes too :)monospaced
- Probably meant a 2TB. My fusion drive in my iMac died and I got a 2TB external SSD to use as my main HD.noneck
- yes, obviously I meant 2TB, I linked to it :)monospaced
- anyway, it's half the price to use externals, and you can have multiple without much fuss at allmonospaced
I want to know the same thing.
how big is 1TB in future 8K or 3D world?
specially after you transfer some of your files from the 750MB SSD you have on the previous mbp?
last time I did such a switch, I started with a blank on the new mbp
I'd presume level entry is better than what I have now.
Essentially due to VST plug ins etc, I figure I should go larger on hard drive. WOuld just be quite nice for more hard drives to be plugged in.
Saying that, potentially could simply get a memory card in the side. Do these cards run pretty solidly?
Whatever you do, don't waste your money on anything bigger than a 1TB internal SSD. That should save you some right away.
I’m in the same boat!
Ive not purchased a new Mac since 2013.
My current mac has 32 gb RAM
3.5 ghz Intel Core i7
As we tend to do, we want to purchase the biggest and the best but fuck me they coming in at just under 6K.
I do print and digital work - Illy, InD and PS work.
Basic editing. Basic AE.
Love using Ableton LIVE.
Guide me please as my fearis I simply do not need the top spec mac.
Any guidance from you pros?