- Last post
- 5 Responses
This isn't a bump thread from 2006, it's an actual 2021 thing that I need to do!
I've got a client who has asked for a short piece of video we're making for them to be turned into a screen saver. Apparently, a couple of years ago Adobe decided that the ability to do this straight out of Aftereffects or through Media encoder was not something they wanted to keep offering as part of the programmes.
We're working on Macs and we need to export screen saver files for both Mac & Windows. So, does anyone know of:
1/ A decent 3rd party plugin to export video as screen saver files through one of the Adobe video apps
2/ A stand alone piece of software to do the conversion
3/ Or someone who would do the conversion for us. That'd be receiving a video file and sending back the two versions of the screensaver (Mac & Windows).
(I've Googled this already and seen one piece of software come up, but I was wondering if anyone had experience of using any particular software/plugin.)
I'm curious to know why this has to be a screensaver - there must be a reason you can't just create a web page and set up the computer in full-screen/kiosk mode?
I can't even remember the last time I used a screensaver :)
- My thoughts exactly. I know it was 2006 the last time I set up a screen saver (and I didn't out put it myself back then.)Wolfboy
- From what I can gather (and I'm sending questions for exact usage back via the acc. exec.) they're doing the old school, everyone in the company...Wolfboy
- ...getting a new matching screensaver.Wolfboy
- Ahh, that makes sense.
The poor bastards!Nairn
- The corporate types like employees to have some propaganda playing. I had to work on one a few times per year a few jobs ago.CyBrainX
- they use horses, too? you know, to run the internet hamster wheel...but horses...doesnotexist
The reason screensavers are no more is because they are the perfect vehicle for malware so that may be another issue you want to flag to your client.