- Last post
- 118 Responses
- you most definitely are making the internet world a better place :)rzu-rzu
- damn yocolin_s
- Ah bonus! That's greatPhanLo
- Very cool one! He signed his Tetsuo poster for me when I was a kid, I lost it during a move -_-
- ^ https://corner4art.c…spl33nidoru
- Ah damn! :-(PhanLo
- I once ate a gospel tract
I am the wordkingsteven
- Up for auction starting at 4 Millionjmckinno
- So they accidentally scammed themselves?!?! LOLgrafician
- they thought they could make their own dune movie with kim kardashian as chani..and joe rogan as paul atreidis.neverscared
- You buy a book, you get a book.palimpsest
- Found some screenshots from their DAO discord WILD STUFF
- The story is amazing too:
- It was an awesome idea but how did they even think owning the book would give them licensing rights? ouch!atomholc
reply to https://qbn.com/reply/4039514/
- NFTs, not even once.palimpsest
- You bought a collectible for 100X estimated value. Do you think if you bought a Spider-Man comic you could start making Spider-Man movies as well? lolneverscared
- the comments.neverscared
- If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.palimpsest
I wonder if there is some documentary where he talks about psychodelics...I mean, his collaborations with Jodorowsky, the unreal nature and innovation in his drawings, the time period he was creating...it‘s pretty clear this guys were pretty high most of the time
- or at least had some liberating experiences somewhere down the road.uan
- He took mushrooms once, but he said it opened the doors enough for him to do what he did.PhanLo
- Moebius left smoking marihuana in 1990. As he said, he no longer needed it for inspiration.OBBTKN
- Yes no drugs, pretty serious guyi_was
- grew up on his artwork, along with philippe druillet, caza, bilal, corben etc... such a massive massive fan of those guys.exador1
"El Incal" will be filmed by Taika WAITITI.
- Great stuff, I see his inspiration in your work!wordssssss
- Wow, didn't know that last one!
A reference to the Masked Cucumber, a fun and very surreal French comic, probably never translated.spl33nidoru
- ^It's a bizarre one for sure! they look like gouache paintings too, really nice to see.PhanLo
- There's something very sweet and comforting (to me at least) about that comic. Thanks for bringing back memories!spl33nidoru
- Wow, didn't know that last one!
- Hopefully the upload it as a pdf.PhanLo
- Here a few... https://dunebook.wix…Miesfan
Pulled out of the lurking category just to comment in this thread. It wasn't until he died I realised how many things I loved have been inspired by him. I've been in a rabbit hole the last few weeks. One of my favourite illustrators for years was Brandon Graham, I'd never noticed his obsession with him either!
- I remember seeing Multiple Warheads and being drawn to it straight away by the colours at first and then the drawings being like a softer version of MoebiusPhanLo
- Cheers for posting!PhanLo
Moebius and Hugo Pratt participate in a drawing mash up,1972
- the guy in the background, i know, is Jean-Claude Forest.Miesfan
#Arzak by Mœbius (Moebius) drawn next to a rocket I drew when I was 5-6 years. When I was 5-6 years old he was at the retreat at the book fair, I took him a drawing of a rocket, actually the intention was to get an autograph. When I went to ask for his autograph, he didn't understand me and me with the drawing in my hand. The fact is that he sat me on his lap and began to draw Arzak next to the rocket. I also took with me an unforgettable memory and a great desire to continue drawing.
The fact is that I was able to see him several months ago when he came to the Fnac to present his latest comic. There were a lot of people, I wanted to talk to him but it seemed impossible, in the end the conference ended and he left with the organization through an "authorized personnel only" door, so armed with courage and like 007 I snuck in without anyone seeing me. Finally I managed to talk to him for a few seconds. I was able to remind him of the story and I took him the drawing, when he saw it he half remembered it. Well, the fact is that I was able to show him his drawing and he also signed one of his comics and gave me a big handshake and a hug. He was very attentive.