- Last post
- 4 Responses
ok time for the annual SEO q&a for 2021. fyi not a lot changed from 2020
links are still critical
content intent is critical (there's a process)
e.a.t/y.m.y.l is required for big ticket and health topics
Google's launching but hasn't finished core web vitals
anything you guys wanna know
If I’m writing articles for the company blog, which gets no more than a few thousand hits, is there anything I can do with my writing to increase traffic? (besides writing good content that people want to read?)
What are the three (3) best ways to increase your overall Google search position in 2021?
@nb heres what id do.
1. competitor research. use semrush or another tool to find what competitor blogs have in them and their ranking
2. fresh keyword research. look for questions to answer
3. have a catchy headline, but a different optimised title tag
4. look at what ranks for your chosen topic in the top 10 ranked positions and copy down the sub headings and use those to build out your own content.
5. cite your sources. link to non competing sources of any facts and figures to back up your claims
6. deep link internally. make sure you link to commercial content
7.dont compete with commercial topics that rank commercial pages
8 look at micro formats. can you build out faq schema etc that can help you hold more space in the serp.
9. get links to your content. both from internal pages you control (bot commercial content) and ask your outreach team to pop a few links into key pages
10. revise. once content has bedded in (3 months) take a look at its performance in search console. you'll see queries that you can integrate into the content to improve rankings and also quick wins for title tag re-optimisation
@utopian its not changed im afraid.
1. links to your content on relevant websites from relevant content
2. meta data that closely reflects the content being produced - dont stretch to include fringe topics
3. detailed content that is aligned with user intent