- Last post
- 16 Responses
How many of you have any serious dental work, extractions, root canals, dental implants, etc?
I have a root canal from 5-6 years ago that's apparently developed a bit of an infection at the base of it. Dentist suggested the options of getting it fixed (doing that today) or doing an extraction and getting an implant.
I ABSOLUTELY HATE MOUTH STUFF and the thought of any of the implant option just freaks me out.
Anyone have something like that before?
- oh yeah, funtimes. the most pain i've ever felt was extraction of a tooth. when they drill into the root to scratch out whatever is theredasohr
- Good thing is that I've already had the root canal. So, the nerves are gone.mg33
- then stick that hot wire into the hole. i felt the heat all they way in my skull. and soooo doped up...dasohr
- I tell my dentist to give me some painkiller before do any work..Bindegal
- daschr - I was so numbed up for the root canal, but can remember that sticky feeling as they dug out the roots and nerves.mg33
- and obviously it's not so much the work itself, it's the shots to numb you. I HATE THAT with a passion.mg33
- and the root canal shots were like 10x the shots for a typical cavity.mg33
- get a gold toothsection_014
- oh mg33 most of the shit was because i started washing my teeth late (22) with a hard toothbrush. i went trough it all implants, badly drawn tooth, cyst op etc.sted
- the roughest was a cyst, over my front tooth what the doc got out in one piece and showed it lol. that was brutal painsted
- last time a new doc fucked up a root canal treatment and it triggered my shingles, 4 months complete madness right before the pandemic. and i have to go backsted
- 10 years of braces, jaw reconstruction, implant, wisdom teeth + a couple others pulled. Learned to shut my brain off in the chair.akiersky
- lots of cavities when younger. some oral surgery for wisdom teeth and gap (mesiodens). root canals, crowns. I'll never forget the sound of my molar shattering..bezoar
- ..as the dentist tried yanking it out. or chewing my numb lip and bleeding all over myself. good times.bezoar
- I knocked out 11 teeth. most were able to be put back in but getting veneers as they won't bleach as white as I'd like. 1 implant, 1 more to go.shellie
- 40+ hours of surgery since my original accident when I was 13. Kind of a nightmare but nobody can tell it ever happened. Miracle dentistry I tell ya.shellie
- 10 root canals on the teeth that were knocked out and were saved as well. I can basically eat fire and ice with no consequences.shellie
- Had the exact same thing on a molar. Chose to keep it... my wisdom teeth extractions were hell.ben_
- The prospect of getting dry socket again makes me want to jump out a window.ben_
get on that Xylitol
I hate teeth stuff too. Had braces for years when I was a kid. Horrid time of never wanting to smile or talk to anyone, and having awful retainers that stank when you wore them no matter how much they were cleaned. Even when i'm stressed i have dreams about it breaking.
I did discover flossing over the last few years, fucking gamechanger!
- I bought a water pik this summer and it's the best thing ever. I don't floss enough, but the water pik does wonders if you don't floss.mg33
- I am terrified of that instrument! Thats what gives me the heebies at the dentist! I prefer the good old fashioned hand pick.DaveO
I read about oil pulling from qbn (moldero) some years ago...managed to get used to it and do it at least twice a week, sometimes even daily.
now every year i go to check everything is ok.
I am never coming back to this thread.
nope nope nope nope nope