- Last post
- 15 Responses
I feel like the pardon (any pardon) is a really shady 'get out of jail' card for friends and family. It's the ultimate rule-bending/breaking play at the end of the game. The losers don't really lose.
That being said, who deserves a pardon? From QBN or IRL?
I got a real dirty look from a woman in a shop yesterday as i waited patiently behind them for them to finish browsing, so that I could have my turn. I was happy to wait, but as a smoker and it being cold, sometimes I need to clear my throat, which I did with a light throat cough (masked, of course).
She pirouettes around and just glares at me, presumably thinking I was hurrying them along all passive aggressively.
A different type of pardon me, i appreciate.
- Coughing in public is a bit of a crime. Nervous tickle is torturemisterhow
- ha mister, I've had the tickly throat thing a few times in a supermarket, you feel like a leper.fadein11
- it's a common covid era response. She looked to see if you have the virus.Beeswax
- No, that's a different look. Much like sneezing on a bus.Nairn
So pardon is the Deus ex machina of real life?
How do I join your guild?
- QBN has granted Robo & Co. a full pardon.utopian
- 'Tis the season!
'Tis the new Era!
Peace and prosperity to all!palimpsest
- Because he said hes robo you buy it? Yall are slippin, thats fuckin yuriGuyFawkes
- I never said I said I was Robo. I'm not saying I'm yuri either. I'm whomever you need me to be. Buy into your own personal stories. Live your truths.palimpsest
Edward Snowden deserves a pardon.
Assange. Who is currently being prosecuted by the US govt for revealing (to the U.S. people), evidence of Iraq war-crimes committed by the US govt...
The public should expect a "flurry" of pardons before President Donald Trump leaves office, a source close to the White House says, as has happened at the end of previous administrations.
This source, familiar with discussions on the matter, told CNN some of the President's advisers believe that it would be perfectly fine for Trump to pardon his family members and other associates preemptively, even though they haven't been charged with any crimes.