- Last post
- 13 Responses
These are UK focused and are likely to go out of date but might be helpful. Feel free to add to the list.
IR35 postponed until 2021
Design Week 16-22 March: Freelancers and sick pay
Association of Independent Professionals and the Self Employed
UK Gov - Self-employment + Universal Credit
The Times (non paywall)
Federation of Small Businesses
Contact your MP
News + Resources from forums etc
so what happened earlier? Is all this shit out of date already?
Post if you've got a clue.
Seeing more firms advertising for furloughed freelancers only - with no indication as to their own financial status. Just saw a swanky brand asking for an identity for a new venture to be designed, for free, by a furloughed 'volunteer'
definitely seems to be a trend of those at the bottom doing what they can, and those at the top getting what they can.
I wonder, if you are furloughed, are you still allowed to take paid gigs on? Wouldn’t that be like working while collecting unemployment checks?
- Depends on your contract I guess.webazoot
- Here in the UK they are still working out the self employed grant system. That says;webazoot
- 'If you receive the grant you can continue to work or take on other employment including voluntary work.'webazoot
- Not here in Canada. You can’t take the funds if you make even $100Gnash
- If or when I get furloughed, I'm going to work on a farm under the table.ShenanigansTV
Any UK self-employed types taking up the latest grant?