- Last post
- 13 Responses
Who is watching? Loving it so far.
I think it's The Outsider. Heard good things, will watch the first two today. Thanks for the friendly reminder.
Can you stream it?
Watched the first episode the other night and loved it. I read the book a few years ago, so I know what's coming, but they've done a fantastic job so far. The music and tone really put their hooks in you.
Liking it so far, the main cop actor is good. There's loads of good actors in it actually.
Is this going to have a complete story arc for the first season? I am tired of starting a new series only to have it cancelled before the story is told.
Was waiting after seeing the trailer last year, and boy it was worth it... After the first ten mins, was like "WTF!"
Can't recall the last time HBO dropped a 1-2 episode premiere. But glad they did. Super into it so far.
My wife won't let us watch this due to the dead kid thing; perhaps a solo effort?!
- Every show seems to have a dead kid plot OR dead kid episode(s) (looking at you BLACK MIRROR)... Mothers can't handle it.*sigh*ideaist
- haha ideaist, I have the same dilemma! I started watching the trailer to make sure it was ok, then nope, 2 seconds in, dead kid.
- Yep, no dead or kidnapped kids for my wife either.HijoDMaite
- Women; can't live with them and can't be alive without them.
- My wife got super sensitive to violence after having kids.. I'm soloing on this one as well.mathinc
- Every shows have: vomiting, dead animals, boobs. At least 1 time per season.Bennn
- it wasn't just a dead kid... But it was a FUCKED UP dead kid, you do not see that level of violence on kids TV, that was graphic man...necromation
Fantastic show so far. I could watch Ben M. read a phone book. That guy is the best actor when it comes to limited action, drama and dread characters.
Also, if you like the main cop actor, played by Ben Mendelsohn, and you never watched Bloodline, get on that. Was a great show, great acting all the way around, but Mendelsohn was the standout for sure.
Also happy to see some other common actors with Bill Camp from 'The Night Of' and Marc Menchaca from 'Ozark' - has a similar vibe. Also great to see Bateman directing the first two episodes as he directed a handful of Ozark episodes too.
Anyone read the book? The book was fantastic!