- Last post
- 61 Responses
So has anyone used CBD oil lately? What are the biggest benefits you noticed?
Is it good for deep sleep?
Anyone in the UK have any recommends for brand/place to buy from?
I have bought from Provacan a few times (1200mg Oil) but finding hard to justify throwing £70 per bottle when not 100% sure it is making huge difference.
- cbdiablo is a local (edinburgh) company that ive bought both oil and paste from. good prices, no bullshit.microkorg
- They formed the company after working in the industry for a company charging crazy prices. they wanted to offer good stuff for good prices.microkorg
So I stopped taking the drops for a while and mostly forgot about it. This weekend in a store I discovered disposable CBD vape pens. THAT is the way to do it. The effects are far more noticeable. I’ve never vaped anything before until this. Luckily, I think these higher quality products are devoid of the garbage that set off the nicotine-based vape issues with acetone and other chemicals in the cheaper, unregulated products.
These were $35 a piece and have about 150 puffs @ 6 seconds each, according to the package. I tried two - the Focus and Relax; both are definitely different. Focus in the morning and Relax in the evening to wind down. I was exhausted when I got home tonight but need to work out later. Used the Focus and I’ve been both calm and energized / motivated. I can really notice it around my kids - I just feel less agitated, more playful, more carefree.
If you’re not opposed to vaping give these a try.
- Cool. I stopped CBD too because I wasnt feeling anything.Bennn
- Now I'm trying natural products. these days iam on L-Theanine and St-John's Worth, i also take a piece of 90% dark chocolate every day, super food for healthBennn
- I pop an Omega-3 three times a week, but i will stop after i empty the bottle, i've read its useless. I also pop a Complex B100 pill 2 times a week.Bennn
- From what I understand, the only thing different about the two is the flavor, not the effects.letterhead
Snake oil? Seems like the benefit stories are mostly personal testimony. I'm not saying it doesn't work, just looking forward to some actual peer reviewed studies.
I stopped taking it about a month ago and almost completely forget I'd been taking it. I have a little left and still have it in the evenings once in a while.
I started taking Ashwaghandha and a cortisol-lowering supplement; both help reduce cortisol and the effects of stress, and are cheaper than CBD and I've felt pretty good just using that. Been seeing a therapist for a while and working through issues with anxiety, being tense, etc. and I think that's all been helping in a way that doesn't make me feel like I need to rely on CBD.
I will probably buy more, just not use it as often. Might use it when I know I need it, or to wind down at night.
Man! That paste tastes like soft-black hash!
Are there actual studies on it?
- Some. But many needs to be done. THere's actually a lot of gravy surrounding it based on small studies.Bennn
- CBD oil changed a family friends family life forever. Their kid is sick and needs constant attention. The oil has eased a lot of the kids symptomsmicrokorg
- so much so that theyve been able to go on their first ever family holiday and not have to worry about so much daily medical care.microkorg
- Like any natural drugs/supplements, it works for some people and dont do shit for othersBennn
There are starting to be major athletes advocating for legalizing CBD and full blown pot in sports, but I expect we will see CBD allowed well before pot with THC is.
I expect the only thing holding back major acceptance are pharmaceutical lobbyists. I imagine that a natural substance that cures pain and other things is a major threat to the bottom line of major pharma brands.
- Hockey players are liking it cause it's keeping them off the pills.cbass99
- Fighters are advertizing it since a long time nowBennn
- It wouldn't be a threat, it would be trivial for them to get into the market. They've already started investing heavily in our Canadian growers here...zarkonite
- I think it's more of a conservative mindset problem where people perceive pot as a bad thing because it's been vilified for so long.zarkonite
So they say it is best when CBD has a bit of THC in it. Can you buy it with THC online?
i got mine. trying them out starting tomorrow. was told to take 2-3 drops in the morning. strength 30%...
- what brand? how is it working?dbloc
- i got it from a friend of a friend that makes it (it's "illegal" where i live). it works for me, i have more focus, less depression and shit,renderedred
- i am recommending it to friends.renderedred
- it took about 3-4 days to feel the difference for me. also, taking them in the morning.renderedred
Meeting an owner of a CBD brand tomorrow to buy some paste from them. They are closeby so asked if I could fire round and get something rather than having to do mail order.
The guy recommended the new paste that they are about to release. I'll be one of the first buyers, theyve not even branded the packaging yet.
Comes in like a chemistry syringe. Meeting the guy on the street. It's gonna feel like a good ol' traditional drug deal lol
Taking this stronger dosage has been fantastic this week. Been busy as hell at work and I usually feel rushed or anxious or worried to have to be heads-down for hours at a time, but this week I've not felt that way and instead just enjoyed the focus of the work I'm doing, felt less prone to intentional distractions (or, LOL, less bothered by the fact that I have a lot of distractions around me.)
This morning I halved it to see how I'd feel alongside a new multivitamin that might provide more energy and focus than what I usually take.
Also starting a nootropic tomorrow to see how that might interact with it.
- What nootropic are you taking?
Is there any THC in the CBC oil you're now taking?Bennn
- isn't the whole idea of CBD is that it doesn't have any THC?monospaced
- They always have traces and some have an amount of it in them. Some are even one part CBC, one part THC. Joe Rogan talked about those the other dayBennn
- I see. CBD is available at tons of stores in NYC, which hasn't legalized marijuana, which made me wonder. I guess the dose is just too low to register?monospaced
- CBD oil per se shouldn't have any non-trace amount of active THC. If it does, it's cannabis oil (or whatever), not CBD oil.Nairn
- that's what I thoughtmonospaced
- Bennn - I'm giving this a try. I tried Alpha Brain (Rogan likes that) earlier in the year and had terrible headaches.
- links dead :/Bennn
- Just started taking it along with a few mushroom extracts (my parents say it's been a miracle)formed
- The Cannbanoid functions better if it binds with thc. Hence the small trace amount in most oils.BH26
- What nootropic are you taking?
Doctors and patients are flying blind as medical marijuana use rises, research lags
- yeah clinical trials definitely needed for something that has been used to treat ailments for centuries but made illegal within the last century.microkorg
- whereas new "drugs" from big pharma are let out into the wild with the minimum of trials.microkorg
- What is needed is recognition by docs in countries like the UK where they can't recommend or give advice on cbd to treat things ..microkorg
- .. cos it isnt on the "list of things to prescribe" :Smicrokorg
I've been taking it for 4 days. 8mg per 1mL. The first two days, I just felt really spacey and tired in general. I cut down to half the dropper so it should be 4mg since, but I don't feel very different. I've been taking it before i go to sleep.
- I've read its better to take it in the morningBennn
- btw its still 8mg/ml even if you cut the quantity in half, you just take less of it. But its still 8mg/ml. How much ml are you taking is the questineBennn
- The dropper doesn't have a measurement. I assumed it's 1mL.vwsung18t
Bought my second batch from www.CBDistillery.com last week and got it this weekend. Got twice the strength of what i started with - this delivers 33mg per 1mL. I've felt quite a bit more focused today but still looking at political news on account of the shootings and stuff said afterwards. But I've felt pretty focused at work today and maybe more so than the 17mg per 1mL I did for the past couple weeks.
A bit of a headache but that could be because I suck down iced green tea all day long that's free at our WeWork space.
I got some oil from my mother at the weekend.
She has been a CBD Oil user for a good few years now. She started after she had cancer and was i nthe clear.
It is meant to help fight cancer coming back and she also takes it for anxiety.
I get some of the slight anxieties that you guys are reporting too so had asked my mum to let me try some so she brought some through. Been on it since Sunday night.
So far I've had the most excellent sleeps this week, no waking with anxious thoughts or worrying about the day ahead. If i do wake up i just drift off again - that is unless i've got to go tend to a baby or toddler!
I have felt that it takes the edge off everythingtoo as reported by others here.
It's a couple of drops I take before bed. It's not a high dosage oil. Going high to start off with is seemingly the wrong thing to do and can actually bring about more anxiety and headaches.
There are a LOT of folk out there selling "snake oil" and especially making claims about % content, purity etc out there. Make sure whoever you are buying for can supply a lap report for the batch you have.
For anyone in the UK interested, this manuafcturer is one of the best in the UK and provides lab reports on all purchases.
Also got a bottle of their CALM DOWN syrup which is to be taken at times of high stress.