- Last post
- 15 Responses
Are there any really good "drag & drop" web browser based, HTML website builder apps out there?
What to you use for PSD to HTML build?
Disclaimer: I'm not a web guy.
I did a bunch of reading and googling the other night and they seem to be saying weebly has a good website builder and it contains cpanel. And bluehost has a good website builder too.
wix I think has good WUSIWUG
- seems to be the website of choice for non codershotroddy
- Oh maybe I got weebly confused with wix then.cherub
- weebly prolly has one too but for ecommercehotroddy
- I helped a friend with a bunch of sites he has in the wix ecosystem and I found it surprisingly good. easy to use and tons of features that are simple to addGnash
- Is it true that if you change the template you loose all your data and have to start from scratch? Or is that squarespace?hotroddy
- I modified all the wix templates that my friend wanted to use - not much was the same once I was done.Gnash
- I don't have a ton of experience with wix, though. I'm not sure what you mean by losing data - like after you go live?Gnash
- in shopify you can change templates and data update to a different view. Any data you added to a page, post, product will transfer over to new template.hotroddy
- Similar to themes in wordpress. Can you change your template in Wix?hotroddy
- i didn't have an issues like that but none of the sites i worked on had any ecommerce. they were pretty simple, some had video, another a blog...Gnash
- but i changed all the templates pretty drastically. deleted stuff, added elements, including menu nav.Gnash
- you can do them for free to feel it out - even make it live (with branding though) but fully functionalGnash
- and there are tons of add-ons in the marketplace - lots free, some or a feeGnash
- interesting. thx for sharing.hotroddy
'good' and 'drag and drop' rarely share the same sentence.
- ... what about if you're referring to a cross-dressing techno DJ whose set you really enjoyed?MrT
- lol. I didn't consider that possibility. I stand corrected.hotroddy
- This. You'll be handcuffed by the will of the platform most likely. And, generated code will be nightmare if you need to edit.section_014
There are a bunch for Wordpress...Elementor, Semplice
- Elementor works very welllajj
- I find I'm still using a lot of css to get what I want. But I cant see drag and drop getting any better than what they offer.epigraph
- I'm curious to know if the added layer of the page builder is detrimental to performance in any way thoughepigraph
- Missed your mention of Semplice before posting. I'll second that.Gucci
- I’ve used elementor on my last project and was pleasantly surprised. Even trained a couple of non-designers on it and they thought it was easy to understandscruffics
- We've run into fairly large limitations for both of them, but they work if you can stay within their limitations.formed
Drag your design files into a folder and Drop that money in my account! aYou too will have a website that will be the envy of your competition!
elementor work pretty well. I'm using a lot of css though to get what I want.