- Last post
- 12 Responses
Much ado about nothing.
every now and then i hear/read about this...
deadnaming a trans person is violence
oh, Atlantic, lol. the alex-jones level stuff
Shake spear, says it all...
lol at the DV's. some real scholars on the site :)
- yeah, downvotes are crazy latelyrenderedred
- Weird, isn't it?Nairn
- I'm really not sure what they add to the site, displayed so prominently. As a tool for sorting, fine, but it's negative seeing negative scores, curiously.Nairn
- Makes you think that there's either some malevolant actors, or just a bunch of humourless cretins you wouldn't want to associate with IRL.Nairn
- That shit in the 5G thread was stupid, and I wasn't even in agreement with the posts that got shat on.Nairn
- I really wish there was some way of seeing who donwvoters are - perhaps even a leaderboard ('loserboard' - HA!) listing user's voting statsNairn
- ffs who cares about upvotes or downvotes anyway?hans_glib
- so true, nairn. I find even odder considering our collective age-rangeGnash
- I find them negative, hans - one makes a perfectly reasonable post and some schmuck comes along and smears it with pointless shit. What advantage?Nairn
- There's a lot of criticism of this on other, better, sites than this too - DVs without comment are shit. Perhaps only allow a DV if you comment stating why.Nairn
- It's nice seeing a post upvoted, but I could honestly live without those too.
I really could. I'm a survivor.Nairn
- downvotes and upvotes are only an issue when people have multiple accounts surely? It's been a problem here for a while.fadein11
- I more mean the drive-by shit-smears.
They're a visual and interactive impediment.Nairn
- After being on here from the start i personally couldn't give a fuckfadein11
- Cool. We didn't used to have them though..Nairn
- Great fucking English, nairn. Jesus.Nairn
- I get you :)fadein11
- Sad about Set though eh? I know you had your battles also but I think it's safe to say it won't be the same without him. Defo a bit worried about him...fadein11
- I think the downvote is that you knee-jerk reacted to this and immediately labeled the whole theory as Alex Jones level stuffmonospaced
- Why you did that, I do not know. But the downvote seems appropriate to anyone who thinks the theory holds water.monospaced
- maybe i'm interpreting all this wrong, I dunnomonospaced
- And if theory is a leaky bucket?Nairn
I posted an Alex Jones video because of set's "all of us depend on our Voltage Gated Cell Electrolyte Channels in order to stay alive" line.deadsperm
- As many have said before, it's not the idea at of there possibly being a risk but that it's something planned by lizard people that's ridiculous.deadsperm
- @Nairn, if it's leaky, that's fine! Worthy of discussion and debate.monospaced
- @deadsperm, you didn't even post in this thread, let alone post a videomonospaced
- lol, here comes more drama.fadein11
- LOL, no need to delete our scvounts. I thought you were talking about the 5G thread because fadein mentioned Set right before your comment.deadsperm
- Sorry, was chatting to detritusfadein11
- my comments were to Gnash, who's whining about downvotes, in an attempt to explain the possible reasoningmonospaced
- if his comment were a "perfectly reasonable," it might not be downvoted, but it really was just a shit on the theory and nothing moremonospaced
- Can we get hearts on comments plsfadein11
- yes—hearts—and racially diverse / gender emojis...
Is there a 'box of kleenex' emoji? If not... there should be... at least for QBN.PonyBoy
- Stupid suggestion and sure it's been suggested before, but wouldn't it be fairly easy change to only show the upvote count if it is in the positive?dee-dubs
- Christ. Trust me i dn't want hearts on comments much as i dn't give a flying fuck about upvotes and downvotez. Get off my fekkin lawnfadein11
- ^perfect moment for a 'box of kleenex' emoji right there from fade
*dances a jig on your lawn :PPonyBoy
- read the article, mono. it is alex jones level nonsense. and LOLing at the DVs is just that. who's whining now? 'lol'Gnash
- and it's the Atlantic, ffs. shameGnash
- You are whining. Not me.monospaced
- I read most of it. It seems like it’s got some valid points. Even Shakespeare historians are entertaining it. Nothing Alex jones-esque about it at all.monospaced
- no, 'historians' are not. all shakespearean academics have dismissed it as 'fanciful'Gnash
- "as good as any theory" like the world being flatGnash
- lol, okaymonospaced
Shakespeare probably was a woman. As good a theory as any.
Good for her.
After reading that, I'm not sure I understand why people feel so strongly that he wasn't just the guy they have records of named William Shakespeare.
Apparently key details of his life were missing, but there may be some reason for that we just don't know about rather than him being a completely different person.