- Last post
- 12 Responses
Working for a mid size (50 folks) business.
Looking for a asset management platform; really struggling to get everyone on the same page for logos, colours, fonts as well as standards for look & feel on social media materials, infographics, etc.
We use Dropbox, BUT it's a storage tool NOT a Asset Manager.
Also, I DID NOT sell out, I bought in.
Just use your existing file system and the threat of dismissal.
- Hilarity aside, could you not populate a source directory with PDF how-tos, etc, and insist that people read each subDirs pdf for guidance on usage?Nairn
- I'm just saying as - and I admit I have no clue here - 'asset management platform' sounds a bit expensive.Nairn
- Lolz @ "threat of dismissal".
I'm looking for a simple solution; cross platform. We have an internal time tracking system involving "tickets"...ideaist
- ...I'm thinking of looking for comparable DAM's and then basically copying it on our internal system.ideaist
if your company already has dropbox then try using its Showcase feature and see if that works for you.
Grumpy pants here but in my experience, getting people to adopt such a system is nothing to do with how fabulous the system is, but people's inability to keep referring to and using it.
Good luck with this. Going through a similar process at the moment and it’s a nightmare trying to get the whole company on the same page. I’ve found get the structure & IA right and you need a moderator with clout with in the company for any assets additions. Most the time they don’t take what the “ silly creatives” say seriously. If you can get someone from senior management to say how important it is you get better buy in.
Sounds like you need a way to display a style guide, design system, and pattern library creating a larger digital brand portal. Something like https://frontify.com/ might do the trick. Many places design their own internal style guide that is digital and far more accessible than random PDFs in dropbox.
Have a look at how Atlassian utilizes this:
Product design system
- I see your hand, and raise you https://designsystem…Maaku
- pointless - real people don't read that self-regarding nonsense. the key is to make it as idiot proof and easy to use as possiblehans_glib
- Not at all, we have a new design system in sketch, tied to abstract, that all depts follow and update in concert with devs. Been a long road but well worth it..whatthefunk
You dudes are resourceful motherfuckers as always!