- Last post
- 52 Responses
Sites like Breitbard and TMX will be all Deepfakes in 20 years. Every politician and celebrity will have to defend that they didn't do or say something.
Deepfakes are the new trolling.
Imagine the fake scam video chats that are going to exist in the future.
- You think? I don't. I've never received a scam text message from someone I know. Doubt hacking someones phone, creating a deepfake image, voice is gonna be easyHayzilla
- Maybe not yet but in 5,10 years for sure._niko
- Maybe not for you but there will be many attempts to fake kidnappings of famous or political people.freedom
How new is this technology? Why is it getting so much press all of a sudden?
- because it's made with machine learning and it's getting better since a few years agoernexbcn
- My wife literally just skyped me asking me what Deep Fake was. It's reached the masses recently for sure.Hayzilla
- 15 minutes earlier she asked me where all the gifs come from. Who makes them, how and why. I could only tell her how LOL.Hayzilla
- Is your wife 75?freedom
Very interesting little segment .....
- amazing. especially the two ai systems competing against each other, one to deceive and the other to spot the deception and repeating the process until perfect_niko
- Exactly what me and _niko were saying yesterday.Bennn
- the biggest danger is that the need for evidence is removed. Now we just have to take the government's word for everything.
just how they want it. scary times._niko
- take that burning tanker in the Persian gulf. did it get hit? is the fire real? is the ship real? who fucking knows? next we'll see a battleship sunk with..._niko
- 500 sailors on board and all hell's going to break loose._niko
- What's the difference with someone making up lies with words? People rely on stories based of the reputability of the publisher.deadsperm
- You should be able to keep relying on the publisher for video.deadsperm
- They have deepfake audio. Joe Rogan below.teh
- deadsperm, a vast majority of the population doesnt check the publisher source...Bennn
- half the videos and news stories these days are user submitted and often times the publisher gets duped. They have no more credibility than anyone else._niko
- By publisher I mean major news outlets that use reporters for their articles.
You don't need to check the source when you're going to the source.deadsperm
- It means you're going to your trusted newspaper site to get your info not a Facebook post from your aunt.deadsperm
- And if you think that everything the media feeds us is a lie then there's the Flat Earth Society for you. Everybody wins!deadsperm
- Re: 5:07
You don't need a deepfake video to hack a Twitter account and declare war.
The government has plenty of mefiums to discredit that tweet.deadsperm
- And they could always call the country concerned through official lines to avoid "nuclear meltdown".deadsperm
- I would think the other country would have a way to verify if they're being attacked if time is an issue. They do have nukes after all.deadsperm
- Deadsperm they don’t need to convince you or I but the uneducated masses, their voting base. Credible news has become fake news in their eyes_niko
- Most of these people have a steadfast belief in an imaginary god that doesn’t exist, so it’s not hard to feed them bullshit, they’ll gobble up anything._niko
- Like saying that a hacked tweet is gonna start nuclear meltdown.deadsperm
- on the flip side, if Iran really did bomb that tanker, nobody's buying it for a minute because a) the tech that's available and B) the track record of the US_niko
- so it becomes that much harder for honest governments(lol) and honest news sources to get the truth out._niko
LOL ... that’s just perfect.
A better idea is to ban all politicians and use AI to stream govt desicion making.
I'm working for an early stage startup that creates human-like voiceovers from text with AI. I'm about to invest some money in them too, the tech is really amazing.
But boy don't I have some fantasies for imitating the voice of some turkish politicians. Of course I won't do it but these technologies will definitely be abused.
Prepare to believe in nothing in the near future.
- that field is done unless you're doing something groundbreaking. t2v was the first and hardest step to this deepfakingsted
- audiobooks. Slashing the cost of producing a book at least 10x. Complete with emotions, accents, multiple languages. They signed an agreement witha big publishrBeeswax
the only answer I think for public safety is to ban this technology and give out jail time for anyone found guilty, but that won't stop the russians or the chinese or any one else from doing it and spreading false information.
it's fucked up, there is 0 credibility anymore and everything is now a lie, fake news and a conspiracy.
welcome to the brave new world.
I think the next big thing after the Terror Era will be the Fake Era.Bennn
- All this slowly slowly going into the cybernetic war. A.I and robots are getting smarter every years, we're just at the very begining of all this.Bennn
- We’re all fucked ...
it was nice knowing all of yaRamanisky2
- Just use common sense and engage critical thinking. LIfe is simple.robthelad
- The mass isnt that bright, in fact the majority of people isnt super quick to understand and thinkBennn
- plot twist: the majority of people feel the same way about you benfal99shoes
- Maybe I missed something but none of the ones I saw were all that convincing, I'm not ready to start panicking yet.yuekit
- /\ agreed, the Archie Bunker one was pretty good but still as fake as shit. Definitely not Arnie in The Running Man.ben_
- You can't ban this. It exists. The code is out there in a thousands of repos.section_014
- it's a digital manipulation and you demand jail time? people really do fear what they don't understand. wowimbecile
- the obama one was damn good, imagine the tech 10 years from now._niko
- that's no plot twist shoesimbecile
- it's not the digital manipulation that's the issue, it's the spreading of dangerous and false information. this could lead to war and deaths._niko
- or the ruin of people's lives and careers. or the free rein of governments or individuals to act with impunity and blame it on deep fakes._niko
- so you believe lies, is that your fault or the liar's? take personal responsibility (critical thinking as was mentioned)imbecile
- _niko is totally rightBennn
- what's a lie? what's the truth? lines are blurred especially when we can't trust our own senses._niko
- and do we have the time or the means to be forensic experts on every bit of info that comes our way? it's maddening._niko
- Seems like something digital fingerprinting could take care of.
- I agree with you in a sense, it's scary dangerous tech, but there's ways to circumvent it.ben_
- yeah like the article said, we should be good for the 2020 elections, but 2024? 2028? all bets are off probably._niko
- people are already believing and relying on obvious fake news all over Facebook. Now add videos that looks real into it. Scary stuff.Bennn
- it's all shadows on the wall anyway. I welcome this new technology. it's a path to he truth.Gnash
- THE truth, goddammitGnash
- "Be true to yourself". HAHA. If you are true to yourself you will realize that you are not sure about anything.sandpipe
- And this is also true for the pre-intenet generation.sandpipe
- 14/06/19: You can't ban this tech, it's already out. But first developers that will create an algo that detects deep fakes will get wildly rich!grafician
- We waste enough time and energy on flat Earthers, moon hoaxers, 9-11 conspiracists, sandy hook deniers. These people are insufferable..._niko
- They’re so woke that they believe nothing. Throw this into the mix and good luck convincing them that anything is real_niko
- 14/06/19: Also if these early developments into "AI" can lead to this mess so fast, those that say AI will doom us are not entirely wrong...grafician
- Don't worry _niko, you're real.
- 14/06/19: And at this rate of development, misusing AI tech will doom us much faster than global warming.grafician
- technology doesn't go back. the cat's out of the bag. you just have to deal with it.Milan
- #metoo ruined people's careers without the need for proof and I don't see a ban on hashtags.deadsperm
- ban photoshop!imbecile
- Criminals who were caught on tape doing a crime will say it's DEEP FAKE!hotroddy
- It only gets confusing if the video is presented in a vacuum. Otherwise you can easily say, this is the official video from so and so and this one isn’t.yuekit
- There are laws out there for fraud, impersonation, forgery, defamation, blackmail etc, it’s not the tech that’s the issue but what it’s used for_niko
- I didn’t write this commentIanbolton
- I'm with Gnash. this should lead to realizing pictures and moving pictures aren't real (never were) and shouldn't be consume to create opinions.uan
- People believes the Earth is flat and thinks vaccination is bad. Just throw some deepfake vidz in there, they will believe anythingBennn
- We're discussing this being Photoshop and video editing masters...grafician
Just wait until they spoof voices and phone numbers and start stealing money from the elderly.
In the immortal words of Calles - uh oh.
- this is so fucked up, I can't tell if these guys on the panel are deep fakes or not lol_niko
- I keep telling you Future is scary. The fake information and propaganda era will create wars.Bennn
- two oil tankers got hit with explosives today in the persian gulf. did it really happen? who knows. we're in an era of false false-flag operations_niko
- People have already a difficult time reading and understanding news articles from serious medias. Just imagine whats next with theseBennn
- #Bennnsplanation of the day :)Krassy
- It's nearly as good as Running Man.PhanLo
- @Krassy, nope. You're not using that running joke in proper way man. Think again.Bennn
- @Bennn I totally am! You always state the absolute obvious :) You're "explaining" what everyone already sees and knows. C'mon now. Haha!Krassy
- You're not using that running joke in proper way man. Think again, for the third time.Bennn
- I totally am! That's part of the joke -- you don't realize that you state the obvious :) And we love you for that. Keep Bennnsplaining the obvious. LOL!Krassy
- But I didnt here. So you're over using the joke. Keep it for the real time I'm Bennsplaining something :)Bennn
- trump bot voice
what if it’s real video of Trump eating a baby’s head on live tv and all he has to say is “it’s a deep fake.”
- yup, like his hooker peeing video. no more accountability, they can do what the want and not be held accountable._niko
- and on the flip side, it's a powerful tool for Putin and the like to rid themselves of political opponents._niko
- or fucking a pig ala black mirror lol_niko
- yep, we will see, but its clearly comingBennn