- Last post
- 5 Responses
Can anyone think of some cool examples of emerging technologies that might be useful in the design and business worlds?
Something I found is called Spacial, which lets people collaborate remotely using the Hololens. It's pretty impressive, so thats an example of one type of thing thats up and coming. I need more examples like that, but obviously dont have to be about collaboration.
- If yo umean Cas9 crispr, it's pretty much dead in the water and I can't see how it would relate to design otherwise.Nairn
- Machine learning's mostly a bunkum fad, as too autonomous tech - certainly, where driving's concerned, it's years off.Nairn
- Machine learning on a small scale - ie. off loading complex analysis to a cloud, eg. really involved Content Aware Fill in PS - might be a thing mindNairn
- Thinking along the lines of the business world more than design per se. ML is getting used in more and more places. Not a cure - all, but certainly has its usesmonNom
Some cool suggestions monnom.
Even looking for stuff like this thing I saw at an event that projects images on to a fan that is spinning so fast, it looks like the image is floating in mid air. Really neat. Things like that.
google.com allows you to search for already existing qbn threads, such as the scary cool tech thread.
- FAKE NEWS! ;)CygnusZero4
- what is this 'google' you speak of?helloeatbreathedrive
- i'm surprised any regulars bother responding earnestly to cygnus' threads - go have a look at all the other Qs he's asked and never thanked for help onNairn
- always that one whiner in every thread. yay!CygnusZero4
- when i help people i dont beg them to thank me lmao. i help and move along. change your tampon plzCygnusZero4
- Go through your threads - you've literally never thanked anyone, ever ('til this here thread, curiously). Terribly poor manners.Nairn
- For someone who asks so much whenever he gets himself into shit, which he regularly appears to, it's a curious [a]social strategy.Nairn
So that qbn thread is not very active. Only posts in there once every month or so, so you go one page back and it's mostly dated stuff from a year ago.
This is the kind of stuff I was thinking about: