- Last post
- 6 Responses
I just saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it. A really well done movie with a great cast (Matt Dillon is perfect in this movie). Two and half hours went by pretty fast.
I give it two fists in the ass. Recommended.
Sweet, want to see this as well. Have a sort of hate yet respect for for the director. Matt Dillon is always good.
looking forward to the download - it wouldn't play at my local flea pit
I'm a fan of some of his other films but isn't the whole premise of a gory serial killer film that pushes the boundaries of morality and good taste itself sort of itself played out at this point? To the point where even shitty American cop dramas on network TV make use of the same themes.
It would have to be really good for me to want to sit through the scenes I've read about in reviews of the film (and it's getting kind of mediocre reviews).
- < it's not the best Von Trier movie by miles but it's really really weird in unexpected ways. It's nice to support that.MrAbominable
- Fair enough -- I haven't seen it. Was going by reviews like this one...yuekit
- that review makes me want to see it MOREGardener
- Yuekit, i just read that NewYorker piece. It gets some stuff wrong and because NewYorker it would be hard set against LVT regardless of if the movie was good.MrAbominable
- Some of its criticisms are valid and it's an uneven movie but it's not exactly the movie they describe. They would need less dogma to judge it with better eyesMrAbominable
- Less Dogme95, you mean?Nairn
This was. Wow. Thought I knew what i was walking into having been a longtime Von Trier fan. Sort of does the LVT thing for the first 3/4 of the movie and then makes a hard left into Guy Maddin territory.
Not Lars' best movie but at least he's not just grinding on a house style. Some really interesting film making decisions and story telling choices. Nice to see something daring going on.
Won't be in my top five of his but I'll definitely go back to it again in a few months and revisit it. Particularly the second half.
that ending, blimey
I recommend a shower after watching it though.