- Last post
- 2 Responses
i'm supplying a developer some photoshop files for them to create a simple wordpress site.
what's best practice nowadays? 72dpi or 144dpi or higher?
if they're worth a shit just send them the files in their native state (as long as you've edited them for color etc on your end)... they'll take it from there
- Created in illustrator - but they asked for photoshop. just wondering if i should export at 100% or 200%indian_pole
- drop it in PS as a smartobject and send a PSD... let them scale it / adjust it from there (should be almost impossible for them to screw up)PonyBoy
- good call, although would be more useful if illustrator exported smart objects! that way it could retain layersindian_pole
- A smart object will can cause issues if complex artwork. Unless the illustration is super small export at 100 jpg in illustrator.hotroddy
DPI for web is irrelevant. The total pixel count is what matters, given that you don't seem to have a lot of experience with web production you should let them handle it.
- I know, I just mean 100% or 200% (better for retina?). I'm supplying the finished full desktop size design, they will be creating the responsive site.indian_pole
- Then supply the highest resolution, they'll downsample.zarkonite
- They want psd as it's layered. The will want to isolate items and export them.shapesalad
- It sounds like he designed the website in illustrator.zarkonite