- Last post
- 9 Responses
Just looking for some other avenues of inspiration you Newstoday'ers use or like. Myself I wander manhattan for hours and hit museums. Any sites, cool books, others? Thanks just trying to mix it up.
Long ass bike rides (bicycles or motorcycles). I go and zone for a few hours, and I'm ready to hop back into whatever I was working on.
If you really want to be inspired, you have to immerse yourself in a completely different creative field.
Architecture, interior design, fashion photography, cinematography, stage and lighting design for events/concert, 3D animation.
You live in NYC and need help finding inspiration?
There are so many ways.
1. Go for a walk
2. Go to a museum
3. Go out in nature with your thoughts
4. Start sketching
5. Talk to people
6. Watch interviews on Youtube of people whose work you like
7. Go see a movie
8. Go to a new restaurant
9. Go to a new neighborhood
10. Browse Pinterest
12. Read a novel
13. Go to a bookstore
14. Go shopping
15. Go to IKEA
16. Go to an art supply store
17. Look around you.
18. Look at your old work.
- Go to Ikea?detritus
- ^ there's 50+ room set ups ripping off all kinds of design styles and loads of textiles and shower curtains and so forth. Tons of inspiration for home design oromahadesigns
- Just polling some other ideas, thanks for the list.BH26
- Maybe it helps others "that don't live in new york" ;]BH26
- Also would've never stumbled upon The Goldblum Jurassic park mix, compliments of SarahfalinBH26
- ^ that is 19.omahadesigns
- Talk to someone on the train.notype
- #18, interesting one omahanotype
i use meetup from time to time to seek out spaces i've never been before. for instance a few weeks ago i went to a crypto event (know nothing about blockchain and it was a great introduction to what people are doing). got to flex my witty skills with strangers and meet some lovely people.
sometimes i'll go to readings around town, live podcast shows (get tixx for the Moth, or Two Dope Queens) or spaces where i can truly engage with others (literally forcing myself out of my shell - sans alcohol)
Volunteer at a soup kitchen for inspiration on how good your life is.
the Chick of the Day thread is quite inspiring, have you guys ever clicked on it??