- Last post
- 6 Responses
Many of youse use these services? My wife is addicted to Uber Eats. Any time we remotely don't feel like cooking she just jumps on and orders. We used to just make super easy meals when we felt like this...but now...delivery! Starts getting expensive after a while.
Also just found out companies like Uber Eats charge the restaurant a 35$% commission on the order plus $5 delivery! Fark me...that would eat up most of the margin for a lot of restaurants.
These big companies are ripping people dry...and WTF do they do apart from funnel orders? It's really not fair or equitable.
Apart from funneling orders they pay someone for their time, gas, and car to go pick up your food and deliver it straight to your door... and they do it without much notice and for your convenience.
- unlike traditional delivery services, these cars aren't parked at the restaurant before delivery.hotroddy
- In Aus, they pay drivers $7 per delivery. So on a $50 order (plus $5 delivery), Uber eats makes $15.50. Hardly fair.BusterBoy
- it's tough to say whats fair or not when you don't know UBER's costshotroddy
- Just talking what's fair for the restaurant. Very possible Uber gets a higher % cut of the order than the restaurant does.BusterBoy
- @hotroddy, it's fair to say noone is getting a good deal apart from Uber.fadein11
Why are there so many of these all of a sudden? I don't get it
Anyone that is familiar with these, if you had to build a UI for one, is there anything you'd change from the Uber Eats type interface?
You lazy fucking hipster genX douche bag wannabe millennial fucktards...pick up your phone and call in the order for fuck sake!