- Last post
- 20 Responses
I got on. It's a nightmare. They're inundated with new traffic and the app becomes useless. You can't post, can't like, can't search, can't comment, can't do anything really.
Could be like Ello.
2 people I know gave up after 2 days. I think it was free for the first million people who joined, but it's going to be turned into a small subscription model after that.
At the moment the servers keep crashing so no-one can post stuff.
I also just read they're eventually going to charge ppl for using the app. I guess to keep it ad free. But unless they get it to run at all, I don't see that happening.
I hope it fails, I don't want to install something else now.
I really don't feel like downloading another social media app that does exactly the same shit as the others.
Plus you're telling me they will eventually charge users for sharing memes, cat videos, complaints, and such? lol.
- even if it works beautifully, I'm not paying. But I didn't know they planned to make us pay when I joined. I'll stick around until they do.dopepope
- I guess it depends on how much it is. one time fee? monthly? yearly?dbloc
- They will try and play the long game and hope that someone buys them up for an insane amount. Then the platform will get polluted with ads, ala Instagram.face_melter
- It's either pay or ads. If they try to do both it will surely fail.dbloc
...tried signing up, requires a mobile # which is insane imo but ok, several attempts to receive text code failed, server timeouts during process, finally gave up
This is Ello all over again. No thanks.
So basically it's Instagram + Twitter + Facebook = Vero
Instagram (and Facebook) getting rid of chronological posts in their algorithm is the reason why they're losing users to new platforms like Vero
- The Facebook algorithm as a whole is one of the reasons they are losing users. Huge opps to steal users right now and they know it hence the embarrassing "fixfadein11
- facebook" Zuckerberg video at the start of the year.fadein11
- facebook was ok about 8 years ago. you could see a timeline of posts from mates. now it's ads + some 'popular' posts, useless and pointless.shapesalad
- I was told about a gig that was on through Instagram. Sadly it was posted 3 days ago so missed it. Why no timeline structure anymore?Ianbolton
Before you sign up for it please read up on the founder...who is, in fact, a real scumbag, and whom you're forking your personal info over to:
- y'all I heard QBN is 'the' best social media. Down/up votes, animated gif thread and this here amazing 'note' feature.shapesalad
- I wouldn't call QBN social media...but an app that has dangerous / sketchy implications is something to caution against.GM278
- ^thinly veiled, argumentative pond scum.MrAbominable
I've heard from people reading the small print...from a licensing perspective, whats yours becomes theirs...etc etc which is gonna suck if you're using it to promote your work.
Ok so let’s connect if you’re on it. How?
just deleted my account. this is useless and unecessary.
trashed in the bin with ello
I have this installed for like a few months now, nothing ever happens, feels like most of the people/ companies I follow are posting less and less and I noticed that the periods of time between I open the app get longer and longer and my feed stays stagnant, nothing is happening...
I think, I'm about ready to trash this too, my account exists, so if this ever takes off I guess I'm already signed up.
Reminds me of Google+
as in some people got excited about it then it faded away quickly..
I'm ready for something new, I loved instagram, but the Ads got RIDICULOUS, people with absolutely nothing to sell are posting ads just to get likes, and feeds are super polluted with them.
WHATS UP VERO?
Is Vero hanging out with Ello ?