- Last post
- 10 Responses
i remember this working with fn + return
but it's not
i thought you could do a hard return in illy...at least i remember being able to...anyone?
Aren't all returns hard unless you type a soft return (shift-enter)?
sorry maybe i have the wrong word
want to send a paragraph to the next column
Nope, I don't believe you can.
You either have to adjust the size of the first box so it breaks in the right place, or use lots of returns and then stand in the corner and think about what you did.
If you're setting enough text to make that a PITA, you're probably better off in InDesign ... soz.
Ah, that's InDesign where you can insert that Break. Illustrator doesn't seem to have it. It is fn+return in InDesign.
i'm losing my mind.
it's crazy that Illy doesn't have this (among other type tools).
One work-around I've used is to create 'linked' text boxes for each column (instead of doing that in the Area Type Options within one text box). That way, when you can adjust the height of one text box it reflows text to the next linked box.
i like that they are separate, and i probably shouldn't be setting type in illustrator.
just hit 'enter' in quirk
why are you using illustrator for page layout?
- If it's for a single or few page document, why not? It's a little clunkier, but not a heck of a lot.detritus
- fair enoughbulletfactory
- because Illy's font handling sucks a big hairy sack of big balls, both in one mouth and tongue out reaching for an unwashed shaftmekk
- How so? Do you mean on output or in workspace rendering? Latter's certainly got the occasional issue - but the former? What? (curious, not confrontational!)detritus
- It's the variety of options to style and edit larger chunks of texts in illy. If you want to set up a proper page you need an array of functions that illymekk
- simply doesn't have, like a font grid and suchmekk
- Ok, it's fine for single pages few-page documents that don't feature large swathes of text? ie. as Mono says, its font-handling is visually proximate to IND's?detritus
- Of course its OK for a quick flyer (Don't know what he's doing but it sounds quick)mekk
- I agree, type control is shit in Illy compared to InDesign. The way boxes align vs first baseline, lack of optical margin control, and on and on.monospaced
- but it can be done, and probably makes sense for small things or website mocksmonospaced