- Last post
- 4 Responses
So after a long time out of the making game I'm looking to dedicate a daily practice of making different types of images to expand my horizons and skills.
I already make photos and sketch people / city scapes (lead/pen/watercolor), but I'm looking to expand my range a bit.
What inspires you guys to make new things? Where are you drawing inspiration from? Tools or processes you want to share?
PS: Fuck you, candy.
Yeah I also felt I needed to try out new things, and show of some of the things I can do, but never seemed relevant in the work I've done in the past.
So I decided to create a image a day (like many before me).
I set down a few rules when I stared:
1. Set a short deadline, that way you can't focus on details and its easier to walk away from if an idea doesn't work out.
2. Switch style often (I do every three images). Keeps you from becoming too invested in just doing one thing, and makes you constantly be on the lookout for new inspiration.
3. Upload the images somewhere, facebook instagram, custom site ect. I felt this created a comitment, else I would have quit a long time ago.
4. accept that some days you arn't going to feel creative and if you only got time to create a circle then do that and move on.
Best of luck
- Here's my first two weeks of work!
- you've made some really cool shit, nuttermonospaced
- This workflow / ethos is really practical in any creative effort too. Have done this with music before and it works wonders.sublocked
- Thanks a lot monospaced, I really like hearing peoples feedback to it. Best of luck sublocked :)Nutter
Thanks Nutter you're kind of the final push that made me want to do this :)