- Last post
- 16 Responses
Been away from here for a while now. The new layout fucked with me and after much therapy i've finally been able to accept the changes.
Anyway, i'm going to NYC this weekend for a week, and figured the trusty QBN familia would have the best suggestions on whats worth checking out?
Many thanks guise.
That's a lot of things. You should probably start by asking for a more reasonable number of things.
I mean, you're going for a week? That's 287 things per day. You'll never have time.
Sorry yes that was very vague.
I am gonna try get to an NBA game, check out some gigs and have a good few food places to check out etc.
I've been before so done most of the obvious tourist stuff, am thinking more of the "oh thats different and fun" things that NYC residents found this year.
Also, just any real must do stuff that many forget.
Again, what do you like?
"oh thats different and fun" could be cat cafe to BSDM dungeon.
"oh thats different and fun" could be taking a free ferry to IKEA in Brooklyn.
"oh thats different and fun" could be shitty ninja restaurant.
"oh thats different and fun" could be $1 dumplings in Chinatown.
"oh thats different and fun" could be going to opera at the Met.
"oh thats different and fun" could be authentic hand pulled Chinese noodle in mall.
"oh thats different and fun" could be barcade.
"oh thats different and fun" could be waiting in line for ramen.
"oh thats different and fun" could be a hidden bar at a hotdog shop.
Can't read your mind.
What kind of music do you like? What kind of food do you like? What have you done before while in NYC? Are you a hipster who thinks he is not a hipster? Would you like general direction of locations?
"real must do stuff that many forget" - go to Brooklyn
- all of that sounds funscarabin
- Yeah to be fair that all sounds awesomesem
- is Chinatown the cheap spot to eat?sem
- I took my friend to IKEA cafeteria once. for her birthday. I'm a great friend :)pango
- in my defence... she loves meat balls at ikea...pango
- waiting in a line for ramen doesn't sound fun. hidden bar sounds fun.SimonFFM
- Lulz at line for ramen.nb
- yeah but there's ramen at the end of itscarabin
- hey scarabin, have you ever been to NYC?monospaced
- not yet but it's on my listscarabin
Haha yeah I'd say i'm a self confessed hipster/chav. But we're in Harlem not BK.
I like good bars, am going with my Irish friend so we like dive bars.
Music = Hip Hop, Rock, Party shit.
Also whats the deal with the subway there? is it best to get a week pass kinda thing if i'm there for a week?
Is there an Oyster Card discounted rate thing there?
- Just get a card with a value on it. When it runs out refill. Oyster wha?monospaced
- There is a 7-day unlimited pass, you can buy it from most machines. As long as you're taking 2-3 rides per day, it's worth it.nb
- It's definitely worth it, if you're exploring the city.nb
- Guess that's true. I walk everywhere but not from Harlem.monospaced
freehold in BK
Rent a bike, and freeze your ass off in central park.
Drinks later in the week?
Lol at drinks idea getting down vote. Are we that unsociable?
Thanks for the input guys.
Defo gonna get the Unlimited Pass (as long as its not $$$)
Like the bike rental idea
Herb Lubalin Study Center of Design and Typography at Cooper Union
^^^ Yeppers, instrmntl
drinks anywhere in NYC can be fruitful or fucking depressing or completely intoxicating or typical or sexy or blue balls-y. like anywhere else
New York is what you make of it. i'm from here and countless amounts of times i've run into fucks fresh to the city and i love it
2002 is basically saying "oh i tried nyc because i thought it'd be different and fun" and doesnt know how to make ramen at home
stay off yelp and travel by foot, make a friend, and you'll have a... time.
staten island ferry to staten island and back, it's free and there's a bar on the ferry and you get great views of the harbor
milano's bar on houston between mott and mulberry
prune for breakfast on 1st and 1st