- Last post
- 13 Responses
"How much is a life worth? A decade of war in Afghanistan has left a legacy of death and destruction for the Afghan people, often at the hands of U.S. forces. Attaching a dollar figure to that suffering may be difficult, but that’s precisely what the U.S. military has done.
The Intercept obtained records for thousands of compensation payments made by the U.S. between 2003 and 2013. Some are “condolence payments” for innocents killed or injured in combat operations, while others are for a wide variety of damages — a child’s bicycle run over, an onion field crushed, twenty-one sheep killed in rocket fire. The payments presented here are not a comprehensive accounting of the U.S. presence in Afghanistan, but scrolling through these mundane indignities can offer a small window into thousands of fractured lives and personal tragedies."
this is good
Pretty interesting; however, this modern legacy of death and destruction has been going on, more or less, since the late 70s.
Horrible! But I am waiting to see how much ISIS gives back?
"The payments presented here are not a comprehensive accounting of the U.S. presence in Afghanistan, but scrolling through these mundane indignities can offer a small window into thousands of fractured lives and personal tragedies."
^ This is pretty powerful.
Convoy hit them head on, killing their 5 y/o daughter
Hit and killed a pregnant cow
So a daughter is worth 30 times what a cow is worth. Just so we're clear, lol.
- Yeah, been pretty disappointed with his international policies, trying to get us in a Syrian war before ISIS (then they conveniently end up there)formed
- Hillary as Secretary of State didn't help much. http://reason.com/ar…drake-von-drake
- What Hillary Clinton did to Libya is a crime on a scale rivaled only by the crimes of the Bush administration in Iraq.drake-von-drake
- Yet the front runner for the Democratic presidential nomination. O^Odrake-von-drake
- Digging up year old threads just to post more political messaging on a design forum. Just another troll.ETM
- Yuri Von Troll - please spend more time learning how to paint like an elephant and less time trolling QBN.Drumpf
- fuck off Drumpf, you just don't like what I have to saydrake-von-drake
- Nobody does.ETM
- Truth hurts yodrake-von-drake
$844 for a cracked windshield?
Why do muslims hate us?
It must be their religion.
it teaches violence.
or we learned it from you.
- So is this why there's so much violence against apostates?IRNlun6
- yeah get the fuck out of here with that BS reasoning you fucking clowndrake-von-drake
- everyone makes their own decisions in life. I don't buy that crap for one second. You, being from Turkey should know that quite well IMPERIALISTdrake-von-drake
^ hey Mr. Muslim Turkey, least you NOT FORGET
The Armenian Genocide (Armenian: Հայոց ցեղասպանություն Hayots tseghaspanutyun),[note 3] also known as the Armenian Holocaust, the Armenian Massacres and, traditionally by Armenians, as the Aghet (Armenian: աղետ, translated as "Catastrophe") or Medz Yeghern (Armenian: Մեծ Եղեռն, translated as "Great Crime") was the Ottoman government's systematic extermination of its minority Armenian subjects inside their historic homeland, which lies within the present-day Republic of Turkey. The number of victims is estimated at between 800,000 and 1.5 million. The starting date is conventionally held to be 24 April 1915, the day Ottoman authorities rounded up, arrested, and deported some 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders from Constantinople to Ankara, the majority of whom were eventually murdered.
- that predates the US's involvement in WW I by two years, in case your math is conveniently off today.drake-von-drake
- Please stop your trolling.Drumpf
- fuck off greentard political shit, if you would look at design threads you would see I contribute.drake-von-drake
Fuck, QBN really is a shit hole now. What a fucking sad state this is. A design and pop culture forum that is almost nothing but hate, politics and conspiracies. All fueled by a select few users that just HAVE to get a word in over and over like it makes any difference.
You would think that with the average users here now in their 30s and 40s, that it might resemble something better or more mature.
Arguments and opinions are awesome, but no one has or will change another's mind about politics or conspiracy bullshit... so FUCK OFF! :)
Now tell me how Banksy is a hack or sold out again.