- Last post
- 461 Responses
Look, all you need to watch is Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
It will make you realize how utterly crap all television series are, and you'll stop wasting your life with this so-called "entertainment".
At the very least, it's the greatest show in the history of television, and will likely never be topped. So, if you're going to watch TV, might as well watch the best!
- "You're not not racist if The Wires in your netflicks que" Childish Gambino lyric always comes to mind now.sem
- In my top 2 all time favesRamanisky2
- < and Breaking Bad, best TV i've seen (besides The Hair Bear Bunch)emphor
- 1. Lost (I know, I know)
2. Breaking Bad
3. The WireHAYZ1LLLA
- Lost above breaking bad? what are you drunk? this early?Miguex
- It's not even the weekend man?Miguex
- Ok but soooo slow. I gave up once you know who diedset
- Now THAT GUY is dead there is more focus on Al Capone which was a winner for me. Its slow yes but rewarding.sem
- I think it's fantastic!boobs
- Oh I didn't make it to that part, I meant THE OTHER GUY, before the one you speak of (lol)set
- name dropping but Steve who plays Al Calpone is an old friend, I travelled round france with that bastardset
- glad to hear it's focusing more on him, I was a little dissapointed that it wasn't enough in the first seasonsset
- May have to pick up on it againset
- Steve Graham is a legend, if not for Turkish alone.sem
- I like that Capone is in there for historical perspective but I hate Joe Pesci type characters.CyBrainX
- OMG.. i just started watching this on your recommendation. sooooooo goodautoflavour
- Interesting conceptukit2
- great show just started as well. Don't know how this was broadcast, seems impossible to watch every segment._niko
- but works perfectly on hulu or netflix. great little show._niko
- I remember that actor as George Mason in 24.CyBrainX
- The acting is awful. And it's very much Stephen King's Needful Things.eoin
- needfull things was more about supernatural elements, this is something else_niko
Really digging this new 2nd season ...
Lizzy Caplan is damn good in this.
Never watched Breaking Bad but started watching this, it's pretty well done.
- It’s just as good IMOmonospaced
- You should watch breaking bad though. You don’t NEED to for this, but you should in general. :)monospaced
- Definitely watch BB!MrT
- You sir are a fool LOL. Although it is good, it's like saying you've never watched Family Guy but really like the Cleveland Show.Hayzilla
- BB is the shit man.Hayzilla
- I'm hammering through my 6th watch of BB. It's been a year so since my last viewing and I'm going to glide right into El Camino when I'm done with BB, hahaelahon
- ^ You've watched the whole series 6 times?Hayzilla
- Working on my sixth, yes.elahon
- I've gone through The Soprano's 7 or 8 times, hahaelahon
Only on Ep 3 but this is real quality so far.
best show on tv right now.
Just binged Good Omens.
Here's some non-spoilery thoughts while it's still fresh:
Characters - amazing. Especially the 2 leads. Hamm and Dennehy also stand out from the rest, but that leads us to how well written the characters are.
Writing - fantastic. Wow. There's something about the way Neil's characters are written that are solely his. The sense of humor, wit and charm all exclusive to Neil. He is top of his game. When you have the same writer of source material, and script... that is where the magic happens. He's been swimming in this world, and knows it well. Makes adapting them so much more fulfilling and interesting. Neil's involvement is 100% the reason this worked.
Direction - There are some great visual cues, but not enough to say this is anything groundbreaking. It's competent.
Effects - Restrained, yet competent, could have been pushed farther in the final act. You can see where the budget was strained, especially in the last 2 episodes.
Episodes - 6 hours is a perfect run for this type of storytelling. I feel a lot of shows could still learn from this format. This plays out like a mini series. Subtle ambiguity in the end with actual closure. Another wonderful trait of Neil. Nothing ever comes with a bow on it.
Side note: There's something almost too British in the execution of the violence. It was missing the weight of the circumstances in many instances. Sort of like Doctor Who, the violence is treated without much effect. It had elements of that here, made me wish they would have pushed it a bit further. I don't think full-on gore would necessarily move the needle forward, but the violence needed to feel a little more real.
this is well done if a little melodramatic and overcooked.
- agree with you .. and yes I do love the look and feel of the show .. cinematography is outstanding.Ramanisky2
- pretty nihilistic take on high school in this day and age, some quite shocking scenes and characters aren't likable. It's no Degrassi! but drake did exec produc_niko
- Reminds me of 1995 movie Kids .. with a bigger budget.Ramanisky2
- yeah, lots of similarities but needs less polish and more grit._niko
- Indeed ... but looks like the polish is baked into the entire seriesRamanisky2
i'm a huge fan of colony. all 3 seasons on netflix US now. cancelled after poor ratings/reviews, but in terms of sci-fi with some interesting emotional plotlines, i really enjoyed it.
- based on the nazi occupation of paris and moral compromise that comes with such thingscolin_s
- i didn't know it was cancelled. too badGnash
- That’s too bad I actually really enjoyed the first 2 seasons... do they at least wrap it up at the end of season 3?Ramanisky2
- So they ended the season with a cliff hanger and decided to cancel the series. Fuck You USA network.Ramanisky2
Great cast .. very emotional ride .. outstanding soundtrack by Colin Stetson .. it is a slow burn but I was never bored.
Looking forward to Season 2.
I know I'm pretty late to the game but accidentally forgot to cancel my Amazon prime account, so I guess I have found a silver lining in at least one of their shows.
- Get onto HALT AND CATCH FIRE if you havent already!microkorg
- I'm getting impatient for season 3 already.CyBrainX
- micro, I've only heard good things. Will start watching in 2020.ben_
- < I loved this. It's such a challenging show. Where your sympathies lie in some circumstances is a discussion in itself. The final S2 episode is visually...Morning_star
- ...stunning. In fact the whole series is beautiful to behold.Morning_star
- yeah, overall a good series.
but was not a fan of dr smith and some of the dumb decisions made by some of the charactersBluejam
- Thought it was worth a watch, starts getting a bit cheesy towards the middle though.fyoucher1
- Oh really. I'm only a few episodes in. First episode, I thought, was excellent.set
- I couldn't get through it. Starts great but gets meh pretty quicklythumb_screws
- Yea i got pretty bored with it to be fair. Have given up. Started wellset
- yeah, overall a good series.
I'm watching the 8th Episode from the 2nd Season of Hannibal and Hannibal's accent changed. Like more into Duffy Duck. WTF happened?
Something else, this show has two female characters that were male characters on the book but why do that and then stereotype them?
The actor with the main character role is trying so hard while the actor for Hannibal is just being coll...and it works.
What a difference. I'm enjoying the show though in the beginning I thought it was too much CSI and the Music was nothing special.
Well some things got better but that accent thing is ruining everything for two episodes now.
- You still get to see the fight scene between Morpheus and Hannibal (S3, E5)!PonyBoy
- shit... kind of a spoiler there... sorryPonyBoy
- They kinda piss all over the source material, but it's still kinda good. The creativity of the serial killers they make up is fantastic.dopepope
- kinda gets a bit silly with how many brilliant and diversely stylistic serial killers all live in that one city.dopepope
- LOL @ PonyBoyoey
- seriously sorry about the Spoiler! You've already seen the great fight between those two by now though if you're on Season 2 (season 2 opener)PonyBoy
- The DP on Hannibal was the same guy that did The man in the high castle. You can tell.Morning_star
Premiered last night ... Great start.