- Last post
- 6 Responses
As a regular user of Spotify and Pandora, I have to say that I really am enjoying iTunes Radio's selections and it is already quickly becoming the go-to music streaming service in my livingroom (partly because I discovered it on the Apple TV).
The settings on the iPhone are better though, since you can tell it to play more "hits" vs "discovery" mode for the playlist. I think their algorithm is pretty solid too, it finds some great tracks that I haven't heard before.
Of course you are enjoying iTunes Radio, I would expect nothing less for an Apple shareholder and fanboy. :D
i don't like how Spotify took away the "New This Week" page..but thanks for the review on this, i'll check it.
It's way better selection than Spotify when you use the "hits slider" and had much less Ads last week, although I've noticed a lot more Ads this week so far.
• 25 million + songs
• Integrated nicely into all of the products
• $25- annual fee
Pandora - Advantages
• Global Reach
• Ubiquitous across many platforms (i.e. car stereo, home, etc...)
so.. i have no content in my itunes library because i've been an rdio user for quite some time. after updating to ios7 i wanted to check out itunes radio.. but it won't let me into the application without first adding some content via itunes. Any idea how to bypass this step and just use the radio function?
- You don't need content, you just need to sign in.monospaced
- Which lets you sync your stations to your ID and access them anywhere.monospaced
- i seem to be signed in... but still it says "no content, you can download music from the itunes store"bogue
- You have to have the newest verstion of iTunes (11?) and you just click on the Radio button.monospaced
- You should see their preset/featured "stations" and the option to + add your own below.monospaced
- sorry.. should have been more clear.. I meant on my iphone.. not desktop.bogue
If you are looking for variety of genres, a wider and greater selection of music... iTunes is clearly the right choice. iTunes boost over 25 million songs vs. Pandora's +1 million songs.