- Last post
- 9 Responses
crazy im going through this right now as well.. ive been looking in to see if there's a way i can modify the library file to search and replace the old username with the new one... ill let you know if i find anything.
yeah, I did that to the DB file that's packed with the FEX file using textEdit but nothing happened. I emailed Customer Support but haven't heard back yet.
Ok i figured itout, and it's all within FEPro.
1. Right Click on a missing font. Just to follow along, do it from your "All Fonts" view.
2. Choose "Go To Conflicts"
3. In Conflicts, go to the bottom and choose from the dropdown "Fonts LIsted in FE XPro but deleted in Finder" and then hit Scan.
4. It will detect conflicts and All your fonts will show up in the top listing. Click in there and Command A to select all.
5. Once they're all selected, use the 2 fields at the bottom now:
a. Replace path component: type Users/oldusername/
b. in all selected fonts with: type User/newusername/
6. Click Apply.
7. Listen to your hard drive.
8. Come back to QBN and thank me
Yeah, by my fonts in the sets aren't even appearing (i.e. the set says 0 fonts) :( Grrrrr
oh fuck, sorry
uh.. hmm. swapping the ~/Library/Application Support/Linotype folder from the old computer to the new one doesnt work?
are the fonts themselves listed in the "All Fonts" its just the sets that are empty?
Sets are empty. It lists them, just doesn't have any fonts in them.
Thats what i was getting at tho - you're using some kinda export thing to get the sets, but why not just copy the actual Application support folder which is 100% the database from the old computer, then it should just report missing fonts since it wasnt exported 'correctly' and then you can just do the search / replace on the font source folder (in Conflicts as above) and get the fonts connected up.
- chances are when you do the export / import its bringing the sets but it's 'smart' enough to not bring over the missing fontsmantrakid
- so if you 'hack' it basically by forcing it to think you have all the fonts, but then not find them, you can fix themantrakid
- issue of the missing fonts easily using my post from above.mantrakid
Ah hah. Thanx much. Will give that a try :)