- Last post
- 13 Responses
"Secure, durable and innovative, these new notes are at the frontier of bank note technology. They will set a benchmark worldwide and will help maintain the confidence Canadians already have in their currency.
Designing and issuing bank notes that you can trust is an important element of the Bank’s mandate to promote the economic and financial welfare of our country.
This new series of bank notes combines innovative technology and Canadian ingenuity. They were developed by a team of physicists, chemists, engineers and other experts from the Bank of Canada and from across the bank note industry."
Why is it flying?
I like the notes but this video is hilarious!
why have such an old fashioned design for a tech note?
what about recycling?
what materials are used to make the polymer? more hydro-carbons?
what the whole video,
enjoyed it but one question remains.
Doesn't Australia have polymer notes, too?
In any case, I don't like 'em. As if Canadian money didn't look fake enough, now they have to be made of plastic, and have windows in them.
- I love my "fake" money and how it's on par or higher than the USD nowadays ;DJaline
- I agree though...looks kind of funny. I heard a lot of people in other countries think Canadian Tire cash is legit.Jaline
- Well, it certainly _looks_ more legit!Continuity
- note to self..bring Canadian tire money on my next trip ;)exador1
- glad they're spending money on making new money instead of trying to abolish money altogether.moniker
- Interac is slow though, and new chip cards make it slower. The PayPass style for small purchases is the way to go.ETM
- For small purchases, under say $5-$10, cash is still king.ETM
- What ATM do you use that gives out $5s or $10s?i_monk
- Who said anything about an ATM?ETM
"set a benchmark worldwide"? that's gotta be a joke.
They have been used for years in Australia and Mexico.
Even Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Zambia are using them.
lol that video is an abomination and the voiceover is complete shit.
Two transparent windows have security features in them. The frosted maple leaf window. And the large window.
hahaha. it's so fucking bad!
It's going to be difficult to buy drugs with when travelling internationally. I'll probably still convert to US$ when leaving the country.
i like it.
now send them my way.
It's all about the Bordens.
America! Fuck Yea.... Oh wait.