- Last post
- 44 Responses
Send him your panties.
"Real, semi-autistic, men don't apologise"
Insults aside, I asked if slappy was female for a couple of reasons. The main one is that I have no idea and everyone's assuming slappy is male. The other is that I've never heard of men "writing" apology notes. Of course we apologize (shit, I've done a ton of it) but in my experience men usually talk it out instead.
- ...the additional note was supposed to dissuade you from taking the comment too personally.detritus
- the "p.s. fuck you" part? Yeah, I can see how that made light of the situation.monospaced
- QBN already has its quota of 5 female members...slappy
- true! I saw your chivalry thread so now I know the answer to my own questionmonospaced
- haha yeah, the diagram didnt help! No diagram this time.slappy
- *spacker face*
"ps. fuck you" in opposition to an apology, see? Jesus, you really are polar sometimes.detritus
- polar = literal. I don't know how that happened. Polarised? Black and White?detritus
- fuckin' a, things get so lost in translation online...monospaced
Actually, men use the default Word settings.
I'm definitely male, have spoken about it, just wanted to reiterate that it wasn't personal. Don't need to talk about it again. Probably unnecessary anyway...
If you apologise too much - it will seem insincere.
- ... spending this much time over type choices, maybe suggests you want to sleep with the recipient?lukus_W
- I agree with lukus_Wrodzilla
- No, its just funny how as a designer, you would look at the font and think about what that said about the writers attitude.slappy
say your SRY with Impact white with a black outline.
go to his office, and let something like this.
Why did you speak out of turn? did you speak over someone or just shout something out? Do you feel your input isn't being recognized? Can you tell us what happened in more detail?
huh? what do you normally use for your correspondence (prestige in my case)? just take that.
Man this is a stupid broadcast! Just write the thing then drip water all over it. Add a PS at the end apologising for the mess your tears made when writing it, stating that it was a very emotional letter for you.
I never thought about you people being male or female. sorry. some seem to be man by the way they write, but I don't care. I don't think the chick of the day thread helps with this.
if you have to aplogise can't you send those singing telegrams or messages (sorry I don't know the technical name)?!
and flowers if he's a guy, that would be awesome...
garamond or caslon
garamond or caslon
Just buy this person lunch, down a shot of tequila and then apologize personally.
Nothing says I'm sorry (or going to be) like a bottle of Bollinger and an eight ball.
Comi... go for something with Serifs.
They're more printy and have more gravitas.
Don't apologise in a letter. Say you'd like to talk to them and apologise in person. There's no wimpyness to it and you don't have to worry about which font to apologise to someone in.
- If you feel like you need to apologise enough that font decision is on your mind...orrinward
- ... Then they deserve an in-person apology. Explain to them that you even asked on the internet what font to use to show just how sorry you are.orrinward
- show them just how sorry you are!orrinward
- Good point. We have spoken but I didnt explain myslef that well I really want to put things right.slappy