- Last post
- 44 Responses
This is a serious question so if you are going to take the piss, please don't derail the whole thread.
I am currently writing an apology letter to a fellow designer for speaking out of turn. I cant think of what font to use, and they WILL look at the font.
Helvetica seems too could, DIN would look insincere, Arial would look like a just farted it out, a serif like Centennial might look like I'm taking the piss?
Anyone have any recommendations?
Comi... go for something with Serifs.
They're more printy and have more gravitas.
Don't apologise in a letter. Say you'd like to talk to them and apologise in person. There's no wimpyness to it and you don't have to worry about which font to apologise to someone in.
- If you feel like you need to apologise enough that font decision is on your mind...orrinward
- ... Then they deserve an in-person apology. Explain to them that you even asked on the internet what font to use to show just how sorry you are.orrinward
- show them just how sorry you are!orrinward
- Good point. We have spoken but I didnt explain myslef that well I really want to put things right.slappy
I'm not saying this to derail the thread, or "take the piss," but either hand write it (kind of a font) or talk to your fellow designer face to face.
Hand write it.
- that's what I said, right above this commentmonospaced
- but no one likes you monospacedephix
- i like monospaced. I would hand write it too or talk personally.oey
- if you still want a font to use then do an apology typographic poster with akzidenz...happen!oey
- fuck you ephixmonospaced
- i'm just kidding man, take it easy.ephix
I write like a doctor so don't want the message to get lost in the naive letter forms, we have spoken in person about this, I just really want to drive the sorry bit and no ill intentions bit a bit more.
Get your gf to write it and ask her to add a drop of her perfume and morning sweat to the parchment.
That way her pheromones and wide looping letters will calm and placate him, with Oxytocin leaving him more trusting and open to easy closure.
This is the STUPIDEST thread I have read on QBN. Who the fuck cares what font! Be honest and tell him/her your sorry in person or write write is with your dumb-ass hand. What font?!? Really??
Its really not that big a deal, but does it hurt to put some effort in to show I'm serious?
Yeah! That's why you should write the letter. Print, whatever....
Damn WTF did you do?
i think they would rather you just buy them a beer and move on.
Hand written, signed with your seamen.
Nothing says "sorry" like Optima.
Are you actually a female?
If the designer is going to focus on the font of your letter, I seriously doubt they're going notice the content. Why bother with it?
Aye - mono's got a point..
Real, semi-autistic, men don't apologise - what's wrong with you?