- Last post
- 240 Responses
- Cool bar. Would love to open a bar like this.microkorg
- I could really do with spending an evening in there.Nairn
- very nice. would spend time there.umbee54
- with Gardener on your side, guaranteed successimbecile
- There's also Shinichi Osawa's http://ginzamusicbar…shapesalad
"Even the decades old machines are free of any kind of vandalism. I would love to live in this kind of respectful society!"
We have a lot to learn from the Japanese.
- I found it crazy those being out in the street, even ones selling beer. In Scotland, people would shag them.PhanLo
- the japanese are a homogenized culture. everyone is cut from the same cloth.hotroddy
- @hot, nicely put. +
"everyone is cut from the same cloth."helloeatbreathedrive
- highest suicide rate worldwide an #1 cause of death for people aged 14-29. 70 suicides/day.mekk
- pros and cons to every country...inteliboy
- I prefer a society where the suicide rate is high and the murder rate is low.imbecile
5. Arguably the most racist country in the world. Japan is a closed country and the people are culturally narrow-minded. A Japanese person who has lived abroad together with the "white apes" and who has absorbed even a little bit of foreign culture will never be Japanese again when he returns home.
6. People talk about nothing else but food -- especially true for women. Japanese women are void of personal opinion. Topics like politics, movies etc are limited to a certain group of people. People in general avoid voicing any strong or shocking statements. Say if you have some bad news, like you been fired from your job, you cannot say it directly, but you add the word "maybe". "I was maybe fired from my job" while avoiding eye contact.
7. The country which invents nothing and copies everything. Normally that's what we think of China, but where China copies something, they will somehow make it better. Japanese science consists of people working 100 hour weeks (50 effective hours + 50 pretending hours) on the dumbest and most useless problems possible
8. Romantic, courteous, passionate love which we consider to be universal, is really just a part of our Western culture, and does not necessarily apply to other cultures, especially true for Asia in general, but they do like sex. People are either complete virgins, fetishists, pedophiles or something else sexual, but not interested being in a relationship for other reasons than sex. For this reason most people are single, dare nothing and avoid everyone.
- increasingly get the feeling you're writing a 'manifesto'
don't do anything silly.Fax_Benson
- sounds like you've not actually met or got to know any Japanese people. there's 120m of them, hard to generalise. you could look at UK or USA from outside andshapesalad
- make such sweeping statements...shapesalad
- Equally - it sounds like you know some Japanese people well.shapesalad
- I have a childhood friend in Japan whom I visitdrgs
- The xenophobia is strong with this one.i_monk
- Hmmm so Asian people don't fall in love? Romance was invented by white people?yuekit
- This kind of reads like a 4chan post so not sure if serious or not.yuekit
- Asians fall in love, but they don't build their whole existence around it, like we do. If 99% of our music is about love, in Japan its maybe 50%.drgs
- The other half is sentimental snot chewing, like rainy weather, a song about an oil painting, living a quiet life etcdrgs
- Cultures are different, shockingdrgs
- Lol @shapesalad, hypocrite king of generalized statements against “Americans”imbecile
- I think they put all their love and passion into their work and craft if not each other._niko
- Cultures are different but it’s possible to exaggerate this to the point of absurdity...I mean cmon hahayuekit
- About “romantic love” you ever watch a Bollywood film or Korean TV series? Just to name two examples off the top of my head.yuekit
- "sounds like" comments are usually unsubstantiated.cannonball1978
- "Things not to like about Japan" followed by "cultures are different, shocking".i_monk
- I don't know any other country which is more soulless, depressed, lonely, at the same time conformist and inflexible than Japandrgs
- It will be dead in 20-40 years because of all these reasons. Fuck Japan and all anime loving losers who stay at home, groom themselves and do nothing elsedrgs
- Starts: "Arguably the most racist country in the world"
Ends: "It will be dead in 20-40 years.. Fuck Japan" ...sheeshSlashPeckham
- Racial hygiene is their primary concern -- at the governmental level. They might be one head shorter than you, but rest assured they look down at you from abovedrgs
- increasingly get the feeling you're writing a 'manifesto'
- Does self-isolation mean we're going to see shades of the old internet, as here? If so, CoronaVirus 2020 might just be worth it!Nairn
- That is some top notch translation.i_monk
- I think we already are Nairn, way more creative self initiated projects out there. I've seen so many good animations lately.PhanLo
- this is really strange even without the Sax.Beeswax
- that’s a strange saxMrT
FUCK YOU JAPAN!
- You tell em!Maaku
- we all cry when it's a large sea going creature but I don't see any tears shed for sardines! Sardine lives matter too!shapesalad
- I’m having sardines for teaMrT
- whales don't produce methane, so it's okay.bezoar
- whales killing is the most stupid thing everBennn
- I agree with Benn, those murderous whales won’t get away with it!_niko
- killing whales is the most stupid thing everBennn
- the most stupid thing ever, is killing whalesBennn
- the most stupid thing ever, is whales killingBennn
- oops, have just been informed that this GUY is Korean...honest
- this GUY? really??? I've seen the original. If that's a dude... that's scary.Gucci
- proof plzscarabin
- NOT a guy, and if she's Korean, she wants to be Japanese (most Koreans do)
- actually many koreans hate the japanese.Amicus
- so do chineseephix
- Wow. This is NOT a dude and Koreans do NOT want to be japs. smh.Lustwaffe
- Awesome. Love Tokyo so much. Were there when wife was a few months pregnant so didn't do as much walking/sightseeing...microkorg
- ... as we'd usually do on a holiday. Probably wont get back until kids are old enough to be hauled around a big city like this lol.microkorg
- It's a great place just to wander Microkorg. Found a few of these videos online, really like the sounds.
My son was about 10 when we went, he loved it. :-)PhanLo
- Yeah think thats about the age they can appreciate it or be in awe by it. A friend took his two boys around that age to NY and they were blown away.microkorg
- Love this country. Wife and I considered moving there. Thanks for posting.bezoar
- Same. My first trip only recently. Could have quite happily sent for our stuff and the dog.MrT
Man I'm currently wanting to go teach in Japan but they require owning 4 business professional suits, to which I have ... zero.
I mean, teaching even. Ugh.
- A suit shortage is stopping you from fulfilling your dreams? Daft twat.Hayzilla
- Japan is incredible place but to teach ... I hear not good things. You able to do design work out there?mugwart
- I hear you have to wear a suit in Game development .... they love their suits out there!mugwart
- You can get cheap ass suits from H&M these days.monospaced
- @hayzilla hah nah it isn't stopping anything, i was just surprised. Such a cultural gapcolin_s
Unit 731 (Japanese: 731部隊 Hepburn: Nana-san-ichi Butai?) was a covert biological and chemical warfare research and development unit of the Imperial Japanese Army that undertook lethal human experimentation during the Second Sino-Japanese War (1937–1945) of World War II. It was responsible for some of the most notorious war crimes carried out by Japan.
Thousands of men, women and children interred at prisoner of war camps were subjected to vivisection, often without anesthesia and usually ending with the death of the victim. Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Researchers performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results.
Germ warfare attacks
Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations, to study their effects. To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhoea, then studied. Prisoners were also repeatedly subject to rape by guards.
Rape and forced pregnancy
Female prisoners were forced to become pregnant for use in experiments. The hypothetical possibility of vertical transmission (from mother to foetus or child) of diseases, particularly syphilis, was the stated reason for the torture. Foetal survival and damage to mother's reproductive organs were objects of interest. Though "a large number of babies were born in captivity", there has been no account of any survivors of Unit 731, children included. It is suspected that the children of female prisoners were killed or the pregnancies terminated.
Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs.
In other tests, subjects were deprived of food and water to determine the length of time until death; placed into high-pressure chambers until death; experimented upon to determine the relationship between temperature, burns, and human survival; placed into centrifuges and spun until death; injected with animal blood; exposed to lethal doses of x-rays; subjected to various chemical weapons inside gas chambers; injected with sea water; and burned or buried alive.
- It was the darkest time in history. Unfortunately it lingers on in the middle east now...fruitsalad
- Fucked up shit but the west did some fucking terrible shit. When Japan opened up to the west again, the west had taken over the world. Jp had to 'catch up' ....mugwart
- its fucking wrong but no country is innocent on cruel shit inflicted. Japan just lost.mugwart
- Japan were particularly cunty though!Hayzilla