- Last post
- 9 Responses
Drove down here last weekend to start working for a friends start-up.
This city is nothing like i remember it. Excited for whats to come!
Anyone in the ATX area let me know so i might get dialed in a bit to the community here.
Hope you enjoy traffic, it's the same every day :)
- I dont need to drive, I bike from my place to the founders apartment. Other then that i just get to a coffee shop each day.freakpelican
- Haven't had to deal with traffic as an issue for years now. I can't imagine ever going back to commuting.freakpelican
- hope to get to that point someday—anywhere :D fuck commutingjaylarson
how was the city before as compared to how it is now?
I may be going there for Memorial weekend.
If not, Dallas is only 3 hours away, let me know when you're around.
friend of mine moved there last year and just moved back to NYC. too boring, he said. only small area of cool stuff thats not that diverse.
hot & sleepy
I was born here, i have lived most of my life in Texas. Everyone from here hates on all of the Cali imports. The city loathes the music festival crowds. It's hillarious to me bc it brings millions of dollars of revenue monthly.
Music is king here. Everyone is working for a startup and it seems like no one is from here, at all.
Its beautifu herel, so much to do outside. It's only boring if you are boring.
^ I've been living here in ATX for 4 years now (from NYC) and couldn't agree more. Sure, it has a traffic problem that for the most part, in my opinion, can be avoided and yes, "old Austin is quickly and sadly being erased." (nothing stays the same no matter where you're from) But, like freakpelican said, there's a lot of amazing live music, and if you like being outdoors, has a killer hike and bike trail not to mention the surrounding hill country.
I've spent the past 4 years wishing I'd moved here years ago.
- freakpelican, hit me up man, I'll buy ya a welcome back taco and live oak.GM278
- Love Austin. It's pretty, fun, and rarely boring...unless you're looking for arts and culture...in which case, just drive up to Dallas.MondoMorphic
- ^True. One of an extremely small list of things I miss about NYC is the galleries & museums.GM278
- I am kinda escaping the Dallas art scene at the moment, its nice to get away from "those people" for a bit.freakpelican
- ^ hahahaMondoMorphic
Nice. Have a good time.
Any lead on a small batch printer/letterpress would be much appreciated. Someone that would be cool with me coming and talking some ideas out that i'm not sure how yet to properly manufacture.
- Can confirm. Cedar fever sucks.BonSeff
- Austin is NOT even listed in the top 10 worst cities in the US for allergies, I call bullshit on this alternative fact.utopian
- brother was there and c an confirm-worst allergies he's ever experienced.lvl_13
- Mine were never bad there, even though I am allergic to oak and moldMondoMorphic