- Last post
- 18 Responses
What you buying?
Nothing — I haven't bought anything from Amazon in years, and don't ever intend to again.
- what happened?capn_ron
- To me? Nothing - used to use them quite a lot in the 90s. Now though, they don't pay tax, treat employees terribly and savagely undercut other businesses.detritus
- As Bezos himself said: "Your margin is my opportunity". I'm not sure I want to help support the creation of a 'MomCorp'.detritus
- you sentiment is why i stopped shopping at Walmart. I didn't think about Amazon doing the same shit. I barely use it anyway.capn_ron
- Yeah, it's likely wholly futile, and I'm sure I'm generally quite hypocritical about my various (likely competing) stances, but.. *shrug* Ya gots ta, right? :\detritus
- i feel ya. i go out of my way to hit up target and avoid walmart so i know exactly how you feel.capn_ron
- same det. wtf is with the downvotes? fuck amazon.kingsteven
- I love me some Amazon free same day deliveries. Sometimes 2x a week. Fuck walking 2 blocks to the store to pay way more for the same shit.monospaced
- Then I hope that you enjoy the hollow, synthetic dystopia you're helping turn your neighbourhood into. I'm not sure your poorer neighbours will...detritus
- I spent a weekend recently going around a lot of the newly developed areas of LDN and I didn't like what I saw. Bleak, corporate pay as you go lifestyles. Emptydetritus
- My over-riding thought in recent weeks has been 'synthetic'. Now I can't get it out of my head whenever I see new, planned developments. To hell in a handbasketdetritus
- I try and buy all my stuff from local shops. if the local bookstore doesn't have it in stock I ask them to order it for me.Gnash
- lol I live in the heart of Manhattan. amazon isn’t changing shit, just making things convenient.monospaced
- Aye, you're ok!detritus
- to be fair, most of manhattan became a hollow, synthetic dystopia a decade agomonospaced
- It's happening here in LDN and I really dislike it. Was in a dev'd area that was filled with chains in expensive buildings - literally no chance for small bizsdetritus
- It's like, the only way to get a concession is to have a multi-million pound business plan. Independents will be fucked in future if it continues unabated.detritus
- Agreed. What’s the point of a neighborhood if rents won’t allow for shops, laundry, corner store or barber? It’s insanity.monospaced
Prime... and I even have a buck left over.
car care supplies
Hookers & Blow. Oh wait it's not on prime. I'll just find it locally.
i just got new pillows, a replacement glass for my french press, to auto power timers for my fish tanks so they turn on and off without me fucking with them. new microfiber bathroom mat, shower curtains. 3cu ft of foxfarm soil, iPower 4 Inch 190 CFM Duct Inline Fan with 4 Inch Carbon Filter, and 2 Finnex Ray2 LEDS
4 or 5 of these, then repeat.
Honestly though, I couldn't quit Amazon if I wanted to. Being in Seattle, I often get same day delivery without even having Prime.
FWIW, Amazon employees are some of the most miserable and clueless cunts I have ever had the displeasure of meeting.
Mayinglong Musk Hemorrhoids Ointment Cream 3 PACKS
Natural cat food 12 pound bag
Natural cat litter, 15 pound bag
Natural canned cat food, 12 cans
2 9 volt batteries.
Amazon Fire HD 8
$98 and change
Just got it all yesterday. Fucking hell the Fire 8 is wicked cool.
- fucking hell the cat food stinkskona
- Yeah I was surprised by how well the Fire held up. Great device for the price.desmo
- How much onboard storage does it have? How much onboard memory for buffering? How many apps can you download to it?monospaced
- oh, that's a tablet, not the fire tv thingmonospaced
RC car parts. The local hobby shop wants two or three weeks to get parts. We break parts almost every time we use them. Waiting weeks on parts every time would probably end the hobby for us.
Just bought some landscape lighting for my yard. $49.
$51 of drinks on me.