- Last post
- 12 Responses
also not sure if people still do this. I haven't been an active member in a while but used to be here a lot.
- Thanks, are there anything that you think I could do better?piperboytoy
- Too much neg space on the work page, and I don't think you open with your strongest work. Still solid though.garbage
- Yeah I'm considering changing the work page. I'll see about moving things around, I put the most recent work up top and some things its kinda on going.piperboytoy
Site is nice and clean.
The thumbnails for the projects under “Work” could be more dynamic, I think. Maybe add space in between the thumbnails and put the titles under instead of having rollover.
Your “Play” section could be pushed further. I’m not really sure what any of this is and some seem like real quick projects. Maybe move the instagram feed from your “About” section to the “Play”.
Your client list is major but you don’t show work for most of those so those bigger clients were when you were with an agency?
I’d take the “Say Hello” top off the contact page. It doesn’t accomplish anything.
It also takes a lot of clicks and scrolling to get a sense of what you do.
Your main page should have a better overview of your work.
Thanks Freedom for your helpful feedback. Much appreciated.
The client list stuff is old work so I don't have up anymore. I might put some things together.
the play section I just want to do daily designs or whenever I have ideas. I agree some were quick and I just wanted to get things up and running first. Eventually, I'll edit things out since I'm not 100% happy with it. I just like to explore styles and see what comes of them.
I'm using a square space template so there are issues with this I need to figure out.
Looks very good overall piperboy.
IMO, strategically, if your going to use it to get busine$$, then design it lead to your work samples and design thinking and separate your creative "play" content as a blog or it's own site. This is definitely subjective, would depend upon what kind of art you might do that could be considered a "service", but I find keeping it simple works quickly. Keep your fun stuff organized somewhere but don't directly mix them together unless it's part of your selling yourself strategy.
Another simple thing, I think you could consolidate the navigation also, by folding "accolades" into "about" section and have nice minimal navigation. Work towards making the user work less in decision making.
Fyi, double check your line breaks on mobile devices, particularly your headline copy.
Just some thoughts hope that helps...
Thanks for the feedback, Roboton3k.
I agree with you about separating fun and work. I was trying to come up with an Instagram strategy where I post fun designs that are visually consistent instead random client work. But I think I can still achieve that without the play.
Will definitely reduce the nav as well. I think since there are so many tiles on the homepage, I want visitors to spend all their time there anyway.
Will check mobile headline, I'll play with the font size a bit to avoid weird ragging.
Inspiring portfolio piperboytoy,
PDA Lifestyle <3
remove the word "multidisciplinary" and your good to go.
The hair project is really well done.
Tiny little feedback,
On your A: Hover states you could potentially make the opacity and opaqueness a bit darker so readability on your project titles is easier to read from your home page.
The home page was a bit visually underwhelming. But as soon as dived into the projects...some really nice projects and content.
Some really nice PSD mockups, where did you get them?
- thanks I realize that now. I think i have them bookmarked. Will share when i find it or email you.piperboytoy
- Thanks, to be more specific these two mockups: https://imgur.com/a/…utopian
- oh Ill have to dig around for that i could send you the psd if you likepiperboytoy
- just upload them to wetransfer.com its free, then post the link here, thanks!utopian
- email: michaelmacosa@gmail...utopian
- utopian, i don't have the links to those but can share my psd with you.piperboytoy