- Last post
- 24 Responses
Tarantino's Star Trek is really going to happen. He better not fuck this up. I'm hoping for a more Kill Bill Tarantino than Hateful 8 Quentin here. He's not writing... but still....
Finally some Quentin retro in Sci-Fi. Ready.
Timeline from the Star Trek thread.
I dont think its officially confirmed, it's all talks at the moment. Would be dope though.
Seems like a really odd choice. He has no experience in sci-fi, not that he cant do it, he's a talented guy, but wth is a Tarantino Star Trek going to be? It's not his wheelhouse.
Especially with his last few movies, he really only makes like 1 kind of movie. Is it going to be 45 minutes of guys talking on the bridge of the enterprise in a really sarcastic manner? Dunno.
- I hope he proves me wrong though. Star Trek Beyond was trash without JJ.CygnusZero4
- Beyond tried fan service with all the ENT references, to save itself.Continuity
- It's gonna be two hours of Samuel L. Jackson swearing on a spaceship.yuekit
- "Is it going to be 45 minutes of guys talking on the bridge of the enterprise" Hah that's kinda what the 60's show was in essence.since1979
- Most of his films are pure fantasy - not having a ski-fi background makes this more interestingSlashPeckham
- I liked the two JJ movies but Star Trek Beyond was pretty bad. I just think they should keep that cast. I like the altered history too.CyBrainX
- His last movie seemed like just one big excuse to have people say nigger as many times as possible within 3 hours. Now Star Trek. Haha.monospaced
- yeah, his last two movies.since1979
- if people like JJ's version then why wouldnt like tarantino's? the guy has an impeccable record.Miguex
- I'm open to Tarantino but concerned how they would bring Picard back.CyBrainX
- Not his wheelhouse?since1979
Tarantino with Stewart as Picard? I'm in.
Yes! I'm ok with this
Tarantino has always been good at subverting expectations. They way he casts, especially. It probably won't be a straight forward sci-fi, but use the universe to tell a story in his way, and cross over into other genres.
I'm extremely curious.
I think he is a hack. He steals everything and has a horrific inflated ego but he does one thing incredibly well, he employs the best of talent and lets them shine.
This I love him for this though I don't like his films (though I like his films, irony!) cause he's an I film tastes seem to match and I love the originals a wee bit too much.
This all said, in resent years of shit sci-fi. I think he could pull off some old school sci-fi that this generation needs to sit down and watch.
really not his style.
- slow clapjuanluisgarcia
- lol. It's a strong look. I might not have a choice with the hairstyle sooner or laterset
- LOL OMGnotype
- Today *is* a good day to be a cunt.Continuity
- Heghlu’meH QaQ jajvamomg
- ahaha lovested
- This face will never die.CyBrainX
- i want to see that guy on set.ApeRobot
- I want this show on my TV set.CyBrainX
He has to finish his Manson movie first
One thing related to this deal is that the movie would have to be Rated R, which would make a huge differance. It really helped Logon.
Also, keep in mind this would be the first movie / series in a while to move the franchise forward, everything out right now deals in the past. Nemesis is the farthest Star Trek has gone.
So he could take the story anywhere.
The biggest challenge I see for him would be dealing with fan expectations to keep certain things inline with the franchise. He really hasn't experienced that in his other movies.
You just know it's going to be original series style (1960's wigs, go-go boots) retro with crazy ultra violent aliens and shit.....
That would be dope... but how would Picard fit in that style of movie?
He gets sent back to the first days of the federation? Making first contact is super bloody and violent, more like grind house than anything.
Old Picard would have the most insane form of PTSD. lol.
- The last episode of The Next Generation had a future segment when Picard had space senility. Patrick Stewart nailed that part so well.CyBrainX
- They all would have to be fucked up. The insane amount of things that happen to them and remain with them would be way too much for a normal person to withstandsofakingback
As long as it ain't some sort of "origin story" then I'm in. Please just drop me into a fully formed universe and let me figure it out from there.