- Last post
- 16 Responses
humm ... might work. Is the light behind him indicating the force?
I think a Lando film would be more fun.
not sure how I feel about this. Pessimistic, maybe. I will reserver judgement until I see it, of course.
"The lead actor, Alden Ehrenreich, can't act, and they had a dialogue coach on hand for all of his scenes."
Would that it were so simple...
TBF it's a well acted scene by both of them.
- Yeah pretty unlikely. You don't land a lead high profile part in a new franchise based on friendship if there's nothing to back it up, if only previous success.spl33nidoru
- Ehrenreich was great in Coppola's Tetro, his acting might not be as campy as Disney might require here (hence a coach, which is not unusual), but he can act.spl33nidoru
- All said, I thought he was a terrible choice for Solo when I first heard he was cast for the role, still think so but we just have to wait and see.raf
- I loved him in Hail Ceaser.
The best thing in it.Hayzilla
That's not the real movie poster in the original post (thank goodness). It's a bogus one made by a fan.
- I've not seen it outside of internerds mentioning it on tehreddits, but this image strongly reminds me of Firefly.detritus
- No Asian or Latino characters?utopian
- chewbacca isn't enough?sted
- what the fuck is white man can't jump doing there?autoflavour
- even chewie looks ashamedautoflavour
- this is going to be so, so bad lolfadein11
- oh no ... not Woodymonospaced
30-sec teaser airing during the Superbowl, first trailer this coming Monday
So sad that what should be the most anticipated SW spin off movie can hardly even raise an upvote on a post here. Disney have fucked this franchise with the last 2 main movies, I hope they deliver anything even half as good as Rogue One, which frankly is very unlikely. Judging by it's problems and their fear of even releasing a teaser trailer 3 months before release date it's gonna be a crock of shit :(
- Just imagine what it'll be like 5–10 years down the line when every last drop has been wrung from which and whatever New Hope was hoped for.detritus
- indeed det.fadein11
- god you being sarcastic? lol. anyway, I'm pretty much done with it.fadein11
- ^ just in time for a reboot of the original trilogy!face_melter
- so much room for innovation with all that budget and talent but so fucking lazy. where's the latent gone. It's like it's given to you on a plate, I struggle tofadein11
- understand how its even possible to fuck it up so bad when you have major SW fans at the helm, people who grew up with the shit and still deliverfadein11
- lazy formulaic bullshit.fadein11
- latent = talent obvs lolfadein11
- anger leads to hate...MrT
- apparently kasdan's script was really great. so hopes are up. let em milk Star Wars imo. more fun than super heroes running around in silly costumes.inteliboy
- it's the same lazy shit as superhero movies though, that's how low they have gone.fadein11
- you're probably right. but superhero films get a free pass... there's what, 4-5 of them a year?inteliboy
- yep truefadein11
- better than i thoughtBluejam
- Yo. I've cracked it! They'll release a shitload of prequels - R1, Fett, Obi Wan etc. then pile all the characters into a banal 3-part epic Infinity War-style.face_melter
- Then use some dimensional time travel fuckery to tie the two SW universes together. Wait. ToTiTeeToo. That's a droid name. I'm practically spunking ideas!face_melter
- surprised no teases of Jabba, Boba etc. but it has promise phaps. He will be the downfall though, Mr Cheese face which Ford never had.fadein11
- Looks like the storyline may be Western style train robbery. Thank fuck no new weapon to blow up this time haha.fadein11
- Awww yeah.....Akagiyama
- nah. i'm done with sw.hans_glib
- smells like teen spirit?kingsteven
- The movie no one asked forMaaku
- just nit i to the han actor at all. is he vritish? ughsince1979
- I was out once they were dodging the giant tentacles.ETM
- My piss poor comedy stylings aside, I enjoyed that - I like how clean the OG Falcon looked.face_melter
- Looks good to meCygnusZero4
- These spinoffs are better than the sequel trilogyCygnusZero4
- Huh. Looks fun!detritus
- One of the bad guys looked like Rammellzee.PhanLo
- Can't wait to never see it. shrug emojiSteveJobs
I liked Rogue One, but this has me worried. The rumors behind the various creative changes through the process ... along with the lack of Han Solo in the trailer for a movie about Han Solo, my hopes aren't too high at this point.
I'll still see it like a sucker, though.
- This guys father stole millions from a south american government and help prop up a dictatorship in said country.hotroddy
- @hotroddy, and?fadein11
- Give his old man a break - the terms of his deal were altered.face_melter
- he should send his son to go live therehotroddy
- Where? Bespin? That's a fair ways away. In a galaxy far, far, away in fact.face_melter