- Last post
- 11 Responses
I think of all blockchains only BTC will survive. ETH is doomed.
- If Bitcoin continues to be adopted wouldn't that create widespread interest in crypto in general?yuekit
- I feel that Bitcoin is adopted for the wrong reasons. But anyway, IOTA is a cryptocurrency, but it's not a blockchain. Its a tangle-based crypto.drgs
- I guess the question is whether crypto actually takes off as a platform. If so, ETH would seem very promising no?yuekit
- All blockchain-based cryptos suffer from the same problems:
- IOTA is still in beta, but if it turns out to be what they promise, I don't really see how the two can compete. But who knowsdrgs
How does one purchase bitcoin?
- I bought for 50$ of Bitcoin with coinbase.com yesterday. Currently worth 43,23$ it's 0,0021 Bitcoin. Its moving non-stop.Bennn
- better question is what can you purchase with bitcoinmonospaced
- because if you can't answer that, then you're just investing in something with no intrinsic value, based entirely on supply/demandmonospaced
- You can purchase things with it, does it make sense to do so at the moment? No. But then again what can you purchase with gold?yuekit
- gold isn't really a currency anymoremonospaced
- I didn't say you can't purchase things with it anyway. I suggested asking oneself what things can be.monospaced
- Well it is supported by many sites as payment method. But my point is, as with gold just because it isn't often used as payment doesn't mean no value.yuekit
- Of course it has value. I'm pretty up-to-date on these currencies, and the more I learn, the more I think the value is meaningless, especially compared to gold.monospaced
- What do you mean by the value being meaningless? Either something has value (via social consensus in the case of both dollars and gold as well as Bitcoin)yuekit
- or it doesn't. The value might fluctuate, it might decrease later, but doesn't mean it's meaningless.yuekit
- I never said "meaningless" did I? I said it was based on supply/demand, the exact opposite of meaningless.monospaced
- no you're right, I did say meaningless, and I meant it was heading that direction compared to other things, such as goldmonospaced
- the more i learn, the more i realize its value isn't really as meaningful as other currencies or commodities, okay?monospaced
- it's my opinion, it's not mine alone, and I wish anyone luck if they make this investmentmonospaced
- You can get a visa bitcoin card.. @monoset
- And bitcoin isn't meaningless to the wealth of us that have made money on it...set
- That's not the kind of meaningless I meant. It's just that it's a bubble, and it hasn't stabilized. Fascinating about the visa, tho!monospaced
- Thanks all!instrmntl
What do you think of XRP - Ripple? It sounds like they're pushing to compete with SWIFT and bring cryptocurrency into the banking world.
- I don't know, Ripple has been around for some time. It has huge supply which explains its low price.drgs
- Yeah, Ripple escrowed 55 Billion XRP yesterday. If big banks start buying up XRP to make cross-border payments faster and cheeper, something might be there. IDKbrnmkg
- i hope you enjoyed the bull run, 100% gain over the last daydrgs
- Ripple & SBI group & Interledger saw so many steps ahead. By not forcing banks to have to hold #xrp but still be able to use xrp thru liquidity providers...brnmkg
- ...like sbi vc will be - banks that have regs or compliance issues still can use xrp and receive all the benefits.brnmkg
It seems that at the moment the only platform to trade IOTAs is Bitfinex, about which I read mixed reviews. Anyone has experience with that site ?
you can trade it over at binance ^
- BUY! BUY! BUY!detritus
- The technology involved seems like it's the future, regardless of all this hype nonsense and FUD spreading. Will be interesting to see what happens...set
- I will never forget Chossy taking exception to ukit's use of 'fud', Chossy thinking he was being insulted, ukit merely intending 'fear uncertainty doubt'detritus
- I agree, set. I wish I could predict the future hahalvl_13
To answer that question.
Compared to other accepted currencies, crypto currency value is so high right now, that the question you should be asking is who can you sell it to instead.
Even if no one accepted bitcoin, as long as there's a dude out there willing to pay 16k per coin, why should that matter.
I think of it like going to another country, if no one in Nepal is taking my country's currency when I'm visitng I exchange to Nepalese Rupee so I can use it there.
- and I'm talking present day, all of these "oh this will fail / this will change the future" opinions are just that. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WILL HAPPENMiguex
- You can purchase pretty much anything you like... https://cryptopay.me…set
- but even if you couldn't purchase anything, just exchange it to your currency of preferenceMiguex
this bitfinex site looks good. but the amount of documents they need to verify an account is a bit much. I understand that they need proof of identity, but it is worrying to imagine what could be done with my data in case it gets in the wrong hands.
passport, driving license, addresses, signature, photos, banking details etc.
not really comfortable storing all that in one place.
they also have been hacked in the past.
or am I just paranoid ?
My only question is:
Can I use it to purchase weed in Portland?
I really need a place to buy weed in Portland.