- Last post
- 10 Responses
so s01e01 is out - its not the parody i thought it would be and typical of american humour they have to spell out every joke but not bad
B- so far
a very generous B-
I'll give it a few more episodes, but they need to decide if it's a comedy or not.
agreed - needs to be more galaxy quest which is how they promoted it
First episode wasn't bad, waiting to see what happens the rest of the season. One thing I'm glad is that all the promo stuff was from the premiere, so at least we haven't seen all the highlights ahead of time.
- I say Fuck Orville the Duck and that muppet Keith too!ETM
- Shouldn't speak ill of the dead and all that... I guess.ETM
- Do you hate that duck? :PMrT
- Why'd you say that? Rather like that fucking horrible duck cunt bastard.ETM
- That duck has some cheeks mansince1979
- @ETM that's what Cuddles used to say...MrT
- Yep, I thought they'd brought this backset
- Some kind of dark, twisted, futuristic take on this could totally workset
- darker than the original?Fax_Benson
- look at him - they were channel5 documentary material.Fax_Benson
show's hilarious and surprisingly 'interesting' :)
l find it surprising how solid (and accessible) it feels after just a few episodes. And it's absolutely clear MacFarlane dearly loves the source inspiration.
I actually wouldn't be surprised if it eventually moves to straight drama with lighter moments, instead of trying to be mostly a comedy.