- Last post
- 267 Responses
legs hurts if you sit on the floor more than 10min
- Leg hurts trying to get on the floorFax_Benson
- legs hurt.Gnash
- 10mins?... you're still young, try more than a minute when you're +40, mateOBBTKN
- and i don't sit on floor... i throw myself to the ground, i can not duck, my joints are not working... lmaoOBBTKN
- j/k... but close to realityOBBTKN
- hehe :)Bennn
I'm binge-watching Frasier.
- fucking hell...oey
- *bangs on chest
- Does it hold up? I watched an episode a few years back and was horrified at how stupid and slapstick it was. Used to really like it at Uni.detritus
- Chhers was good when we had two channels back in the 80's. Then Frasier...fuck that.oey
- how does such an ugly boring guy get laid so much?oey
- Have you seen his pad?
- Early Frasier is fantastic. Genuinely great writing.Fax_Benson
- ^^ Maybe it’s because he doesn’t own a gun.MrT
- The late stuff when Niles and Daphne are together makes me want to throw up in my own face.Fax_Benson
- Audrey: So, Dr Crane, I don't see why I should fix the dumb dress when my sister can't even fit into it anymore._niko
- Frasier: Audrey, you borrowed the dress, you tore it. As an old Greek haberdasher once said: "Euripedes, Eumenides._niko
- As Fax said, the early series are just gold. Tip-top writing.
Also, the sketch with Niles trying to press his trousers is beautiful physical comedy.Continuity
- applies to all series. Friends best seasons are 2-3-4drgs
- Hmm. Maybe friends is the exception that proves the ruleFax_Benson
- Yes! You made me feel young again ;-)SimonFFM
Guys I’m starting to forget things here and there; who said what, when. What’s going on? Used to have impeccable memory. :/ exercise more? More greens?
- excessive sugar in your blood maybe, exercise.GuyFawkes
- i forget things because i stopped caringdrgs
- GuyF. that might be right. Will cut down a little.notype
- alpha brain brooo https://www.onnit.co…ArchitectofFate
- cut down the sugar... things have improved slightly.notype
- Tim Ferries is always talking about spiking his brain for focus and memory...canoe
just met my first guy who's my age and completely out of touch with modern shit. he was a bartender where i was drinking last night who used to be an editor but now refuses to learn final cut because it's not what he learned in school and says "it's for stupid people". before that he was a journalist but now hates how articles aren't written in a "reverse pyramid" style originally for newspapers– these days it's all for web and "you can just write anything" and refuses to adapt.
i told him he should download some tutorials and he was all, "oh no, i don't know anything about that, no, no".
he went on to say he doesn't know how insta, snapchat, twitter, etc. works and he only goes on facebook like once a month.
dude was only 35. kinda trippy.
- he's kinda fucked himself. was a pretty crap bartender, too.scarabin
- sounds like he's right where he wants to be, i guess.bezoar
- but in someways, the days before email and mobiles was fun. more time to reflect or innovate.shapesalad
- I've been doing a lot of social media marketing, and even though it's a very cool client... virtual life is weird... we don't need to be so wired all the timecanoe
You start to attend funerals more frequently.
I'm likely to here this tomorrow morning, for free (god bless the NHS)
"...please relax Mr Morning_star while i warm my hands up. I'm just gonna check your prostate"
You're on QBN
When all of a sudden you need to take your glasses off to read something...then your optometrist mentions that you should think about getting bifocals. FML
When you're in a clothing store's fitting room with angled mirrors. In the reverse reflection, you see the back of a mans head. He's in the early stages of going bald, from the crown area... you momentarily think someone else is in the fitting room with you.
You then spend 20mins inspecting the beginning balding area, and then put it down to the strong lights of the fitting room...
But deep down... you know... you're getting old.
Found myself just browsing around a pharmacy this morning.
when you decide going to concerts on week nights isn’t worth the hassle anymore.
- and it wasn't much for me till now and it's only gonna get worse from this point on. realization+acceptan...helloeatbreathedrive
- A concert on a tuesday night? Nope.desmo
- when you use the word concert instead of gig :)fadein11
- Live music is one of the few things that makes my dead, blackened, heart beat again after a day working with mendacious weasel architects.face_melter
- sorry guys but in A'dam any day is good for a concert.oey
- Jayz had a concert in Vancouver on Monday. Nobody gave a shit cuz it was Monday.pango
Oh My God.
"The Berlin Wall has now been down longer than it was up"
- But the cold war is back, woohoo!MrT
- Time to put it up againdrgs
- speaking of which, they just found a bit they forgot to tear down...Gnash
- there's no cold war.SimonFFM
- You sure?detritus
- I’m not sure at all. My facts are as bad as my gags.MrT
- @SimonFFM, Barackus ;)detritus
When the main pharmaceutical you use before the Leftism album gig is some nice heat rub on your knees.
And being there when Leftism originally came out.
When you get asked and want to send cock shots on Snapchat but you are paranoid that you will Anthony Weiner yourself... That would be THE WORST...
When you remember this sound, like it was yesterday:
And playing with Macintosh and PS1 on late 80's... god, i am not old, i am a dinosaur, LMAO
- ^ yessir!OBBTKN
- We had our first computer with internet in 1997 when i was 18 yo. It was really exciting days discovering all thisBennn
- the NewsToday and the web design community came shortly after and it was the most creative time of my life. Good time.Bennn
- last time around 2005 at my parents housedrgs
- I remember the first time i heard this, at school, using their computers to access boards to download games for the Amiga :)detritus
- yesterday my internet was as slow as back then... it took 1 minute to load just one nudie... oh dear...SimonFFM