- Last post
- 19 Responses
...the first empathetic, self doubting robot on the big screen?
I think most others that came earlier (Robbie?) we're just mechanical and well, robot like.
Can you think of any others?
hate to be super geeky but C3-PO is not technically a robot.
- All droids are robots, but not all robots are droids. Robot is superset of Droid. Saying C3P0 and R2D2 robots is correct, but less precise.imbecile
- I disagree - but for another time.fadein11
- Empathetic is the clue in the original post ;)fadein11
- copy / pasta http://scifi.stackex…imbecile
- wait, so what is he?sofakingback
- 3P0 is the very definition of the word 'robot' - he's designed purely to serve, whether he has empathy (real or not) is besides the point.face_melter
- You're all wrong, the correct definition for c3-po is a gaybotset
- Of course he's a fucking robot.i_monk
Was C3-PO the first empathetic, self doubting robot / cyborg / self - sufficient mechanical entity on the big screen?
you guys are fucking nerds.
Firstly C3-PO showed little signs of empathy - hence why he fell out with R2 so much, R2 had empathy.
C3-PO is essentially a very camp galactic dictionary / thesaurus.
- i'm assuming he means apathetickingsteven
- No, I meant empathetic...trying to be helpful / thoughtful...general... feeling subservient....see_thru
- he was more of a self-serving, weak hearted type of droid.docpoz
- yep, not empathetic at all. more a cross of robot-butler and tin-man. i guess hes not to far from rosie? from the jetsonskingsteven
- ^ lolfadein11
...I really should have known better....
do you think C3PO can read CAPTCHA?
This one is even earlier than Hal.
- that was a real joke robotBen99
- doesnt make senseBen99
- yeah this was the biggest let down in this movie.. it was so stupidautoflavour
- worst robot in movie history. to look at terrible but that voice...fadein11
- its like they added the robot character the day before shooting commenced and got the catering staff to design itautoflavour
I don't think he was "empathetic" or "self-doubting." Threepy-oh had personality like a human, and he was capable of DOUBT, but as far as I can remember, he only doubted others. In fact, c3p0 was usually smugly sure he was right, especially since he was a walking encyclopedia of all the cultures and languages of the galaxy-- not very self-doubting at all.
was he empathetic? not too empathetic to manipulate a bunch of primitive Ewoks into believing he was a god, threatening their lives with black magic. not too empathetic to abandon R2D2 in the desert when R2 insisted on finding Obi-Wan. Not too empathetic to shirk the quest to defeat the empire for the sake of his own self-preservation.
3P0 was a dick.
btw, I thought this thread was going to ask, Was C3-P0...