- Last post
- 39 Responses
- albums 0
- utopian 0
disgustingly repulsive humans!
- i_was 0
- sea_sea 0
that's fuckin' unbelievable. a giraffe? really?
humans, we deserve the plague and all that crap that comes after. :(
- hans_glib 0
i just don't understand how anyone could pull the trigger on a giraffe, or any other animal they weren't going to eat (unless it was diseased?).
- eoin 0
Cretins, cretins everywhere. As far as the eye can see. Great big cretinous cluster-fucks. And there's no cure.
- fredddddd 0
I don't understand hunting in general. Why is hunting considered tough and manly?
All you have to do is stand still and pull a lever. Ending a defenseless animal's life with a push of a button for no reason is fun and tough?
- animatedgif 0
What annoys me is people who value the life of cute animals over ugly ones.
- ApeRobot 0
Human is the worst species on this planet. We suck big time.
- detritus 0
I'd have no problems with hunters hunting other hunters.
Something like a cross between hunting and culling.
We could call it Cunting.
- albums 0
- Xopher 0
This is disgusting.
All forms of hunting for fun is disgusting, be it a bird or a giraffe.
I don't buy the excuse that if you're going to eat it, it's ok. We have farmed animals for that, we're not cavemen any more.
- albums 0
if you're crying about these giraffes, I hope you're crying about those bugs on your windshield and smashed on the bottom of your shoe.
- mg33 0
I understand hunting if you're going to use the animal for food. (Though I know I sound like a hypocrite, because I accept hunting deer, but not giraffes) Civilization started out that way. But what I don't understand are hunts like the photos above - the hunters didn't even have to try AT ALL. The "difficulty" for them was getting there, saving the money, planning the trip, getting to the location. They're driven in jeeps by people to literally roll up to a giraffe, and blast it to bits. I'm not saying it would be any better if they were on foot, tracking them across dozens of miles or something... but these people above think they're so macho, so awesome, and the actual act of shooting the animal is probably the least amount of effort they put into the whole thing.
- CALLES 0
Giraffes! hate em!
- utopian 0
Some people just don't get it.
- albums 0
Who do you place the blame on then?
The ones pulling the trigger or the ones who accepted the £10,000 to allow the hunt?
As far as preservation goes, accepting cash to kill should be the bigger problem here, but of course in typical qbn fashion, the ones holding the gun seem to be guilty, not the ones who enabled the hunt.
- The blame is on both. The people profiting wouldn't do it if it weren't for assholes wanting to.monospaced
- the hunt was legal if they paid, hate goes to the capitalists wanting that cheesealbums
- Guns don't kill people...
moronic gun owners do!utopian
- The hunt was legal if they payed. Payed who, some poverty stricken peeps? Who'd sell their own mothers at a price.Peter
- I blame rappers.
- nobody was questioning the legality of the hunt. They were questioning the morality. Are you really that black and white in your thinking?Josev
- in your thinking?Josev
- scarabin 0
eating meat is the same thing as killing animals for pleasure. i really don't see how an omnivore could have a stance against this...
- you don't require meat to survive, you just enjoy eating meat so you do so. those animals were killed because a burger is more pleasurable to you than say, pasta. that's killing for pleasure, bro.scarabin
- pleasurable to you than say, pasta. that's killing for pleasure, bro.scarabin
- furhtermore, it's worse because your animals were farmed in cruel conditions whereas hunted animals live free before being killedscarabin
- So how do you feel about killing people?fredddddd
- i can't recall the last time i ate a humanscarabin
- anyway, i wear leather so i'm guilty as well. i'm just pointing out how ridiculous a lot of these reactions arescarabin
- I love you scarabin, but eating meat is not killing for pleasure, sorry.monospaced
- and the way I read it, you're implying that we've evolved beyond eating meat... I just can't agree with thatmonospaced
- butchers do their work not because it's fun but because it's a job and, well, frankly, eating meat is part of being humanmonospaced
- being human, in many waysmonospaced
- we've totally evolved beyond eating meat. meat is efficient, not necessary. if you want to be really technical about it, the body can get all nutrients it needs from just potatoes and butter http://en.wikipedia.…scarabin
- can get all nutrients it needs from just potatoes and butter http://en.wikipedia.…scarabin
- you're not eating meat because it's necessary, you're eating meat because you prefer it.scarabin
- also because our species evolved eating itmonospaced
- i'm not debating the morality of it, the debating the need for it. it's not needed, therefore it is eaten for pleasurescarabin
- i'm not debating morality eithermonospaced
- great debate!oey
- ernexbcn 0
What a fucking disgrace, I understand hunting as a means of survival not hunting just because it's "fun".
I'd put whoever does this in a cage with a bunch of lions or tigers.