- Last post
- 775 Responses
needs more lens flare
I smell a Cloverfield cameo?
director Ben Affleck was also in contention,
The lens flares coming off the lightsabres should be glorious!
this kind of sucks because of how awesome star trek was and how good the new one looks. there are any number of talents (joss whedon?) who could helm star wars.
Only on QBN... people moaning about the best SW news in 25 years.
Star Wars is shit.
'Previously, on Star Wars ... '
I'm too old for this shit.
I stopped watching SW after that shitty one remake came out.
Then stopped re-watching the classics cause i realized this crap is for kids.
star wars is for BIG kids
As a kid I always thought Darth Vader was Cleo McDowell wearing a weird suit.
there is only fail.
What happened to Abrams wanting to concentrate on Star Trek??
Fuck. Abrams? Ugh...
Abrams just made a 2nd Star Trek. Thats enough. He grew up a huge SW fan so Im pretty sure he's going to try to do this right. And Lucas will be involved in some way, maybe as a consultant for the story.
There's so much for them to pull from after Ep.6, so I think this is good news. Abrams obviously knows how to make movies and he's a creative guy. I thought that new Star Trek was excellent.
I think its great news. The fact that Lucas doesnt get to control everything is the best thing thats happened to SW in a long time. Im excited about a great new SW trilogy.
Something I wondered about those lens flares. Abrams and I think the DP said in the Star Trek bonus features that they were natural and were not added into the movie. They looked very natural so they didnt bug me too much, but if this is true, why dont more movies have them that much? Did they use some different cameras on Star Trek?
- J.J. also admitted, after the fact, it was way overdone... (whether they were real or added.)ETM
- yeah starTrek was subtle, but i still dont like being reminded im looking through a lens when im trying to get into a storymoldero
- few movies have them to that extend because on Star Trek lights were pointed directly towards the camera in order
to intentionally achieve that effect.spl33nidoru
- to intentionally achieve that effect.spl33nidoru
- (very often, lights outside of the frame and not necessary to the scene or character lighting)spl33nidoru
- Ah ok, gotcha. I do recall a lot of lights in that movie pointing right at the camera.CygnusZero4
- Many were clearly fake as the exact same flare could be seen in CG shots as well as live ones.ETM
Would have preferred Joss Whedon - but JJ is alright by me.