- Last post
- 7 Responses
This was the lamest pile of celebrity garbage.
Forced comedy from unfunny people (Thanks Adam Sandler and Ben Stiller).
Forced sympathy (Kristen Stewart. you're kind words mean so much).
And a bunch of old dudes "rocking it out" and destroying every cool memory they created in their prime.
I wish I lost my power again, watching that wreck.
the who lasted 40 something minutes i think
but it brought int buttloads of cash for sandy victims
- people paid so much for those tickets, plus it's a good charity, no?monospaced
- sorry mono, I was laughing because if those people in need see more than 10% of the sum raise, I will eat my hat,GeorgesII
- well, the whole thing is so public and under so much scrutiny that they might have to... plus they promised!monospaced
- oooh they promised...
I didn't know that... then i'm in the wrong here :)GeorgesII
- don't be so pessimistic, the sarcasm isn't really funny considering these people did this all for a causemonospaced
- What tells you this is going to be different of live aid, save haiti... and all the other charity concert?GeorgesII
- Because of what I posted directly below. And because I know people involved and I'm pretty sure they're honest.monospaced
- "pretty sure they're honest"ohhhhhsnap
"Robin Hood has launched a large-scale relief effort to aid our neighbors in the tri-state area whose lives have been shattered by Hurricane Sandy. Within hours of the storm, Robin Hood-funded non-profits were providing blankets, hot food, heaters, generators and more to residents in Red Hook, Coney Island, the Rockaways and all across the region. Now, one month out from the storm, thanks to our supporters, Robin Hood has been able to provide over $8 million in grants to more than 90 different groups.
Thanks to the generosity of concert organizers, sponsors, and Robin Hood's board of directors, every single penny from ticket purchases and donations will go to the best community organizations serving the victims of Hurricane Sandy through the Robin Hood Relief Fund."
How was Billy Joel? I wanted to catch him...
I caught "Comfortably Numb" with Roger Waters and Eddie Vedder. It was solid. Missed the rest of the show because I had to relieve my wife who was taking care of our one month old son all day.