- Last post
- 35 Responses
- looks like a preloaderspot13
- typography is awful. Why have 'of' on its own line?BaskerviIle
- Just absolutely horrible in every sense of the word. someone shoot me out of this retarded globe with retarded humans.CanHasQBN
- damn canhas!ohhhhhsnap
- Baskerville said it... Why have "OF" on it's own line? What are these morons thinking??CanHasQBN
The old one was better.
Not going to look so great on the diplomas, in my opinion. It's nice having the seal embossed into the paper. This is going to look odd, methinks.
"The university's original logo -- with its open book, 1868 date stamp and "Let there be light" script -- will still be in circulation, appearing on president's letters and official university documents. But marketing materials and websites will feature a radically simple and more contemporary symbol: a little "C" nesting inside a shield-shaped "U.""
Who was responsible for this design? Please not Pentagram again. :)
- what a BUNCH OF SHITEGeorgesII
- it's not that badmonospaced
- That's terrible.instrmntl
- why the crank?newuser
- newuser, exactly what i was thinking. i like the light switch though. even the let thereohhhhhsnap
- be light idea. they should have taken that further.ohhhhhsnap
- haha i love the tenuous link between the book and the U shape, thats desperate!Hombre_Lobo
Just terrible. I feel like it cheapens my alumni status. I'm all for moving forward and embracing the future, but with an institution like the UC you've got to give a bit more of a nod than that to the past.
I personally liked the old logo.
- at least they're keeping it on all the "official" documents, like the diploma and stuffmonospaced
- I graduated from UCSDmonospaced
- UCSD here too!
- Wow, UCSD alums unite! I was one of their 1st ICAM majors.nocomply
- Revelle, 2001monospaced
- fuck Revelle you did all that GenEd??HijoDMaite
- I did. Plus two full degrees. In 4 years, bitches.monospaced
- well done.HijoDMaite
- when were you there?monospaced
- I graduated 2011. career change after 6 years military and 6 years corporate worldHijoDMaite
- Damn dudes... Class of 2004. Double major in ICAM and Latin American history. Roosevelt college (has the most ladies!)nocomply
- ... most ladies!)nocomply
- most ladies? you're suffering from, "Triton Eye"HijoDMaite
- lol @ Triton Eye. Despite the nerdiness, I think we had some hot SoCal bitches at UCSDmonospaced
- 'you've got to give a bit more of a nod than that to the past.'
That is spot on.Hombre_Lobo
That is awful. It's practically making a mockery of the system. There's no ounce of history or intellect in it. What a shame.
- It's an historic institution for knowledge. This logo makes it seem like its a Gap or other shit clothing store. You'd never see Harvard rebranding.instrmntl
- Harvard rebranding. There's an honor to tradition.instrmntl
- Yale rebranded, and they're an old school ivy leaguemonospaced
UC became a for profit internet school.
Who did this?
let there be light