- Last post
- 53 Responses
doesnt matter. it will never pass for several reasons;
1) Texas would never survive on its own- its not like they can just physically separate from the US. They will need strict border laws and importing laws.
2) I can bet any amount of money that they would still want to 'trade' with the US..aka we need help.
3) this petition was not signed by Texas' 1%..it was signed by racist rednecks who think that separating from the US is somehow better
4) Texas would then become vulnerable to Mexican cartels that would want to invade it and use it as key real estate to break into the US.
5) THE MOST IMPORTANT REASON- we will never take a star off the flag...'Muricaaaaa
If all the red states that take more money from the federal government than contribute to it want to somehow try and make it on their own, then by all means, PLEASE leave!!!
this country is too vast and too diverse from one region to the next to pretend that we're all "united". we're not united, as you can tell by the polls election after election.
good riddance, then the US can finally reach its full potential.
The same people who agree with Michelle Bachmann's accusations that many people in the country are "anti-american" are signing petitions to withdraw from America!
Yeah...this will never, ever happen.
^ And if the democratic process (that they are so proud of) doesn't turn out their way... Waaaa Waaaa Waaaaaaaaaaa.
If Puerto Rico is revenue positive, I'm all for swapping it for one of the red states. Then we won't even have to update the flag.
Which is the first state to trash ... West Virginia? Alabama? Arizona?
Does anyone know how to hack in and edit these?
If so, can you please add the following amendment to each of the petitions:
"Also, we get to use the name United States of America, and you guys will have to pick something new."
Seceded States of America
I started one here: Please sign and pass along!
WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
work with Tibet and China to see that Tibet becomes an autonimous, sovereign independent country with defined borders.
The U.S. Congress declared that Tibet is an illegally occupied country, has forcefully called on China to release Tibetan political prisoners, and passed the "Tibetan Policy Act in 2002."
Officials in the U.S. government have told Tibet activists that they want to do more for Tibet, but can only take strong action if they are under pressure from constituents. The same is true for other countries – governments respond to the concerns and pressure of the people who vote for them.
LET PRESIDENT OBAMA KNOW THAT TIBET IS ILLEGALLY BEING OCCUPIED BY CHINA!
Please sign and pass it along to everyone you know!
HA! Petition to: Deport Everyone Who Signed a Petition to Withdraw Their State from The United States of America
I guess the rule is that if you get 25K in a month they will read the petition.
Every single good city except New Orleans is in blue.
Let Texas go now! And Mississippi, and Alabama as well...