- Last post
- 6 Responses
Forgive my ignorance, but whats the real reason behin Google stopping the option to have your own background image when logged in?
"Thank you for using background images. As we build a more streamlined Google Search page for everyone, we’ll no longer be able to support customization with background images. So you will no longer be able to see your background pictures starting November 16, 2012."
'Streamlined' seems wonderfully vague. I've had the same one for years and it's a great reminder to log out when working on someone else's machine....
Aren't you writing this to Google?
- I figured Google would just give me an extended response similar the one the above.Eighty
- "In our effort to create a quality service we have made several changes that will improve your experience."uuuuuu
- "Thanks for reaching out. Our background services will no longer function, as a result you will have no more backgrounds."uuuuuu
- "In accordance with our need for optimized usability, you are no longer permitted to express your personality on Google services."uuuuuu
- "We encourage you to try out our new personal tracking and information mining tools. Regards."uuuuuu
- "Your feedback is important to us. Please do not respond, this an automated message."uuuuuu
- "Welcome to ZomboCom. Anything is possible at ZomboCom."uuuuuu
I need more background to give a proper opinion.
"streamlined" means they are making everything consistent for all users, accounts and devices. It is google's way of saying "You are being assimilated."
I turned that crap off the first time I saw it and never thought about it again.
i never search for anything logged in anyway unless i happen to be writing an email at the same time or something.
"We see you searching for porn. You are a sick mutha!"