- Last post
- 105 Responses
- GeorgesII 0
Hey, what's the subject?
- e-pill 0
we have a thread for this
- My bad. Hows it going anyway mate?WeLoveNoise
- going well!! counting the days to going home.. most likely will make a weekend trip to nyc..e-pill
- lets gets some drinks and some girls!! w00t!e-pill
- haha sounds good to me.
You coming back for good?WeLoveNoise
- to nyc? nope.. just need to pick up a lot of stuff in storage, see family and friends..e-pill
- don't be a strangermonospaced
- detritus 0
Why would he leave two contrails in an ascent in the high atmosphere? Is he cheating — jet packs in his feet?
- im more wondering why he was working on a fishing boat..e-pill
- I was wandering why it looks like it was shot in Scotland or somethingWeLoveNoise
- my thoughts exactly. I hate when they sacrifice "realism" for show-off. I realize wantingESKEMA
- realism to a flying man is ridiculous but c'mon, make it realer. Birds don't leave trails...ESKEMA
- birds dont fly at super sonic speeds nor can they rotate the earth backwards.. birds HA!e-pill
- haha. but if they could, they wouldn't leave trails like that! :DESKEMA
- Or was he crabbing? Hmmmm.fyoucher1
- The trails are accuratemonospaced
- ian 0
I hope its as good as Zack Snyder's other films.
- tredesigns 0
Contrails: Their formation is most often triggered by the water vapour in the exhaust of aircraft engines, but can also be triggered by the changes in air pressure in wingtip vortices or in the air over the entire wing surface. -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co...
So I guess they are keeping it real.
- ETM 0
I don;t think Superman is a character we, as an audience, can identify with. Most superhero movies try to bring the hero into reality a bit by making them flawed and more human. All that's been done with Superman is have him pining for Lois and have green rocks weaken him. I don't think an alienation story of him being 'different' work either because you have little sympathy for a virtual God.
If Bryan Singer failed so miserably, I don' think Snyder is going to pull it off.
- disagree, I think people have been relating to him since the first day he was drawnmonospaced
- classic hero storymonospaced
- his weaknesses, his flaws, his nerdiness balanced with bravery, his love for a woman he can't be withmonospaced
- The way people/kids relate to comic books today is vastly different.ETM
- It's how humans have been relating, actually. Not just about children and generations. The hero story goes back to ancient timesmonospaced
- The glossy, perfect 1-dimensional hero has been replaced with brooding, disturbed, vulnerable people.ETM
- It's hard to take superman too far down that road in a convincing fashion, IMO only of course.ETM
- the classic hero has been multi-dimensional since before Greek Mythologymonospaced
- Not in comic books. Have you read Golden and Silver age books? Or watched the old serials?ETM
- Singer tried to humanize him more and it failed. If it's all action, then it feels hollow.ETM
- Batman being one of the few exceptions since inception in the 40s.ETM
- I never implied all action. People relate to Superman because most of the time he's a regular guy.monospaced
- Not only regular, but sub-par. He's a geek, his boss walks all over him and girls don't even look his way.monospaced
- The fact that you call Kent a geek lends me to think your only reference is the original movies,ETM
- Kent is almost a role, more as to even an alter ego. And is oft described as .mild mannered..ETM
- And in current comics Kent is barely that anymore. Your comment has removed all credibility from your argument.ETM
- haha, you win on comic nerdiness, congratulationsmonospaced
- e-pill owns that badge. I don't know who has more knowledge about comics around here, than him.ETM
- dopepope 0
Maybe the desaturated, Instagram looking color correction will make it good.
- scarabin 0
- scarabin 0
not sure why it would be so art nouveau but it looks cool
- babaganush 0
Produced by Christopher Nolan, written by David S. Goyer...definitely has potential.
- inteliboy 0
Got a feeling this film is going to be great.
- Miguex 0
- Miguex 0
- ian 0
Meh of steel
- i_monk 0
LOK OUT SUPARMAN THERS A LENSFLER BEHIND U
- futuremongolian 0
never got the appeal of superman.
- bulletfactory 0
- yeah.....you're gonna fly faster than anything man-made and your hair is going to look like that....Maaku
- and what's up with the super little penis.Maaku
- Little known fact, like steroids, yellow sun afflicts Kryptonians with shrunken testies.ETM
- is that the new zorro?Miguex
- not the hair - same suit. meaning fake Zod costume.bulletfactory
- Same hands & arm veins.Juanmonk
- utopian 0