- Last post
- 23 Responses
Haha they were trying to show the speech control of the phone, the guy from Microsoft tells the phone: "Audible play Game of Thrones" the phone replies: "Searching St. Louis Missouri".
- far worse Siri storiesfadein11
- yeah but this happened on a fucking presentation.ernexbcn
- they should have coached Brody a little better, huh?monospaced
- These are inside joked MS does on purpose. The surface lock ups? bluescreens? unintelligible voice recognition. it's funny!monNom
- unintelligilbe voice recognition. every keynote has a hardware malfunction easter egg.monNom
Why wasn't Windows Phone 7 scalable in the first place? Seems like they don't know what they're doing.
So all the Lumia users were really beta testers.
son of a bitch! what a letdown, and delivered by a smurf elf guy no less...
ok, so apparently WP7.8 is basically the same as WP8 and will work for us lumia owners... better than nothing i guess
- "New applications compiled specifically for Windows Phone 8 will not be made available for Windows Phone 7.x devices."ernexbcn
- yeah read that, by basically i mena the basics, like the home screen an ui improvements will workprophetone
- the other crap i prob won't need anyway so i'll be happy with the scrapsprophetone
I really like that interface.
Funny to read comments
"Features aside, the whole look and feel seems cluttered and confusing with all these new MS products.
maybe i'm just getting old and confused."
Windows 8 as a product is confusing as hell. Is it for touch devices? Is this a brand new complete re-write of windows? Or is it just a start screen? Or even has a normal windows OS sitting underneath? What is RT? Which version do I buy? How do my programs look? Will they even work? Where is windows explorer? etc.
Apple made it pretty damn clear what OS X was back in 2000 or whatever it was.
but what is snowlion?
or icecream sandwich for that effing matter. What the hell is different from the other cryptic versions?
*so out of touch*
they're just upgrades right? I just don't know anymore...
^ I don't think so. The last apple update stopped older apps from working, meaning there must have been some big changes other than iCloud. Android 2/3/4 are aimed at phones,cheap tablets and, powerful tablets respectively -- from what I can tell.
At least with windows 8 I can get that the whole metro thing is a step towards a device agnostic workflow, where you can use the same app on your phone, desktop or tablet, and they sync via the cloud. If they can make it work, it sounds pretty nice.
looks pretty cool!
text going off the screen @ 1.12 (troop..), poor show!
I still don't think it makes sense for desktops, and I think it could look really shit if app developers don't make icons to fit the aesthetic, but I actually really like the tile paradigm for phones/tablets.
^ What if you have ugly friends, ugly kids or an ugly cat?
I just got a Nokia 920 and am loving it. The skype app is very well done. Until Jony redesigns iPhone's tired UI I'll be here for a while.
Trebuchet Steve Ballmer into the sea.
It's the only way for Microsoft to thrive.