- Last post
- 276 Responses
When you are the aggressor, you can no longer claim self defense.
I push you, you can shoot me. I think that's how the "Stand Your Ground" law works.
Florida police said this week that they may have missed a racial slur that Zimmerman uttered during the 911 call minutes before the shooting.
If thats the case, thats yet another law that absolutely makes no sense. How could it be self defense, the kid was younger, smaller, and carrying a soda and a bag of skittles. The older, bigger, should be wiser, racist jack-ass had a gun.
The kid was being stalked...if I were being followed by someone and they came up to me for no reason, I would see it as agressive behavior. The kid had every right to push him, it could have been a damn pedophile.
If the roles were reversed the black kid would be charged with murder.
“These assholes; they always get away,” shooter told the dispatcher that night.
shooter reminded me of this guy for reals..
i think they are also trying to figure out on the 911 call if the shooter called him a fucking coon or a fucking punk. but he yelled it crazy and sketchy.
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
- i hope you are sarcastic. this is the stupidiest line ever.benfal99
- People with guns kill people. If you have it for any reason other than sport in my opinion it's cause you're waiting for the day you might need itGlitterati_Duane
- you might need it. And that day is very hard to define if you're easily intimidatedGlitterati_Duane
- piano wires kill people too.moldero
- and shoes http://1.bp.blogspot…Eighty
more evidence florida needs to fall off into the ocean.
in all seriousness, if the kid who got killed would have been a white a/b student who never got into trouble and not a black one, there'd be an arrest already made.
black kid in my neighborhood... better call 911, not racist at all
Regardless of what happened, Zimmerman got out of his vehicle against the 911 dispatcher's instructions, was the instigator/aggressor in the situation and decided deadly force against an unarmed person was the way to get out of any issues his confrontation resulted in. Arrest the bastard.
Stand your Ground law or not, it's the same as walking up to someone, starting a fight and shooting the guy cause he kicked your ass. That is not self defence. And in this case, I highly doubt the kid, who weighed 60lbs less, could defend himself regardless.
Now had the kid shot this Zimmerman, who was following him on the street and provoked an altercation without due cause, that would be more in line and spirit of the stand your ground law. Assuming he had no other course of action to escape safely.
- Trayvon was on his cell phone as Zimmerman came up and the other party said Trayvon was worried that he was being followed prior to the altercation.ETM
- followed (by Zimmerman) before the altercation occurred.ETM
- I guess it wasn't a 911 dispatcher, but a non-emergency police dispatcher.ETM
Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee announced Thursday he is stepping down "temporarily" as head of the department, which has been criticized for its handling of the shooting last month of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin by a neighborhood watch volunteer.
I really don't understand why this gentleman is free. I suppose I need to read some more on this...
they never even did a toxicology check on Zimmerman ..WTF? he just killed someone.
calling the police because you see a black person means you are probably a stupid racist cunt.
especially if you end up shooting them dead for no good reason
police chief lost vote of no confidence. hopefully he's out soon.
we should bring back public crucifixions.
The City Manager released a written statement today stating why Zimmerman hasn't been arrested, but, to me, this just doesn't pass the sniff test.
Additionally, a permit to legally carry a concealed firearm doesn't suddenly allow you to start behaving like a law enforcement officer. You can't search out and start trouble, then claim self defense. That's just not how it works.
Link to Stanford City Manager statement (.PDF):
- the hoodie is as responsible? jesus christcolin_s
- Hey, man its the same for girls that wear skimpy outfits theyre just asking to get raped. *sarcasmJackRyan
- I don't like to agree with anything on Fox, but Geraldo he has a valid point.utopian
- so fucking asinine.mg33
- no, utopian, he doesn't.colin_s
- dude were do live, Utopia?utopian
Trayvon was the prey, Zimmerman was the predator.
Zimmerman just lived to tell about it.