- Last post
- 19 Responses
You can't mess with the Bozman, people.
boz have you ever thought that perhaps you're the one that acts like your part of a cult?
always seems everyone here is so chill with different tech companies, OS's, devices, opinions etc... except you.
- ha ha.. how am I a part of the cult. Read what cult and social behavior is within a cult: http://en.wikipedia.…Boz
- it's just the opposite.. a lot of people here defending Apple are.. "Apple is the best in everything and everyone else who uses anything but Apple sucks".. and that's not just here.. it's the very similar behavior with most Apple fans.Boz
- who uses anything but Apple sucks".. and that's not just here.. it's the very similar behavior with most Apple fans.Boz
- dude, as said before, this goes on with fans of anything - sport, game consoles, movies...inteliboy
- there are fanboys and cult like behaviour everywhere... you seem OBSESSED with the way apple fans actinteliboy
- why do you care so much about some fanboy minority and what they think? deal with it.inteliboy
- it's a long explanation but let's say it's more to do with people being completely retarded than anything else that bothers me.Boz
- retarded? how condescending. you think everyone who purchases an Apple product is "retarded"?CanHasQBN
- "no, no i dont. in fact, my primary computer at home is mac..." -Boz.CanHasQBN
- so much for critical thinking.Boz
- you say a lot of people here defend Apple a certain way, but I've never seen that...you're kind of delusional sometimesmonospaced
- boys, calm down. now, play with the atari.akrok
- boz, youre so fucking thick.dMullins
Apple is the Nintendo of computers.
Boz what is your phone number. I'm taking you out for dinner tonight. We can discuss all of this in great detail over shrimp cocktails and red velvet martinis. Let meet at Old Town Scottsdale by the wooden cowboy at 6:30 sharp. Dress drag if possible. No guns. No cops. We will have a good time!!!!!!!!!
and then Apple becomes stale as always and everyone else outpaces them with innovation and quality. We can already see that new tablets and phones coming out are vastly superior to Apple hardware and that Apple simply can't compete by releasing refreshed hardware so quickly. They are actually scrambling now and trying to release iPad 3 by this holiday because they know that iPad 2 is already obsolete.
Apple is great at pushing certain technology to the mainstream because they are in essence a marketing company. They are Dell with HUGE cult like following and incredibly powerful marketing and PR machinery. This is why they succeed. Not because they bring fresh concepts, but the fact that they package it and sell it better than anyone else.
Reality is that that Android OS as well as Honeycomb is far more advanced, open and offers more choices to consumers on what they can and can't use on it.
And it will end up being EXACTLY the same as it was with Windows. Apple zealots will continue living under the illusion that it's not hardware, grasping at straws to again justify the overinflated prices and lock-down eco-system of Apple so they don't feel suckered in while everyone else uses their 8-core Android tablets and future versions of Android or Windows 8 where there are no limitations "for your own good".
- yeah, Apple's SO STALE. They went stale so long ago that they only sell one or two computers a year. Patheticmonospaced
- Apple becomes stale as always? What world are you living in?CanHasQBN
- Apple's PROVEN that it's not about the hardware, dude, it's about the experiencemonospaced
- of course.. they've been at 1-2% marketshare forever.. no more proof needed.Boz
- I mean with their computers and OS and so on.. major reason they reached slightly higher marketshare is because they switched to x86 platform and they opened it to Windows users.Boz
- switched to x86 platform and they opened it to Windows users.Boz
- humans are naturally reluctant to change. even more so, large companies are. a lot of that share comes from businesses...CanHasQBN
- they're not going to trade in their cheaper PC's and spend the $$ for macs.CanHasQBN
- ...plus the cost of training their employees to go from using PCs to using Macs...CanHasQBN
- plus the cost of updating their software.CanHasQBN
- Worldwide businesses use PC's. That's where a good chunk of the market share comes from.CanHasQBN
- so that whole "market share" thing is just BS.CanHasQBN
- right because 90% of PCs on the planet are business related .. ROFLBoz
- see? 90%. thats a lot!!!!!!!!1CanHasQBN
- Can't ignore the fact that Macs are selling faster than PCs and have been for awhile.monospaced
- selling faster based on what statistic? If they were selling faster their marketshare would be growing absurdly fast.Boz
- Just look at Android.. now that's when you have something selling FAST.. their marketshare grows 1000% year over year.Boz
- erm EVERY statisticspifflink
- oh excuse me then.. when you say EVERY then I'm out of words here :)Boz
- it's a fact, and their marketshare is growing, but when you're 1% it's not really going to change a tonmonospaced
I anyone surprised Adobe's CEO said this? Of course Android will overtake iPad. A whole shitload of devices run Android, and more will come. You can't just take the iPad OS and put that on some random T-Mobile phone.
Apple leads. Everyone else follows. It happened with the iPhone, it happened with iPad. And it will continue to happen.
After months (years?) of this discussion, it still seems to me that the debate is centered around a technology that is not even really being used for content that makes sense on mobile devices. Am I wrong? I haven't seen or heard of a touch-enabled game that is begging for devices to support it.
- that's what I'm sayingmonospaced
- that's only true if you live in a bubble and only look at things you can and not overall. There are plenty of games done with Flash that do support touch. it' s no different than games you buy through app store. Flash has full multi-gesture support and all the good stuff.Boz
- Flash that do support touch. it' s no different than games you buy through app store. Flash has full multi-gesture support and all the good stuff.Boz
- and all the good stuff.Boz
- also, Boz, don't say we "live in a bubble" just because we aren't all up on Flash details...you're an anomolymonospaced
- yah, its so funny. telling me i live in a bubble. how ironic, huh? coming from you.dMullins
- plus you missed the entire point. if there was an angry birds-type game that was flash and hyped up...dMullins
- i would have heard about it.dMullins
I'm going to put an iPad and an Android in a jar and make them fight.
It's coming man.. it is true that it took a bit longer for Flash/AIR to mature.. but this is not the end of the world. The potential is still there, the Android tablets are increasing in speed very fast..by end of next year we'll have desktop level tablets, so the whole thing will be a moot point and the only platform that still might not have Flash will be iOS.
But hey, it's ok, they probably won't allow anything really that bypasses their app store and as long as Flash can be published to iOS platform as a native app it's irrelevant.
What I am going to do for my project is build a web Flash experience to work great on Android as well, and then if you access the site with iOS device it will tell you to download the app that was also built with FLash but exported as .IPA..
btw this ^ was not pointed at you tqqt.. but every single Apple site and those who belong to the cult.. They all operate like drones for Apple. Seriously. It's amazing.
lol.. I find it hilarious.. Walt makes a statement that's really not true.. it's VERY subjective and has been proven that millions of people use Flash fine on their devices. Of course Adobe CEO will not go into arguing with him for an hour on why he's wrong.
And it's 100% true everything Adobe CEO said. Android is the long term winner, Flash will play significant role for both web and apps and games on more then 100 million devices this year alone and growing every day.
It's fantastic how EVERY single Apple cult site picked this up and doesn't quote the rest of the actual comment but concentrates on a stupid opinion Walt has. He probably doesn't even use Android and constantly licks Steve Jobs balls when he's there.
Give a break.
But I'm done arguing.. Arguing with Apple brainwashed fanboys and their points that so shortsighted and ridiculous is like arguing with a brick. It's just a lost cause.
Enjoy your dumb Apple devices and just let others enjoy theirs.
These are not the androids you're looking for.
I want an android and an ipad. so there!
Narayen is a cunt, doesn't give a shit about creatives using his products just cares about enterprise bullshit
someone has a man crush