- Last post
- 73 Responses
Oil rig explodes 80 miles off Louisiana coast; 12 people reported overboard and one missing, the Coast Guard says.
- JSK 0
No I don't/
- iCanHasQBN 0
Yeah, just saw on CNN. This is fucking nuts. In a way I am glad all of this is happening, maybe it'll finally wake Americans up. The Right to Pollute is not one of your freedoms.
- Thanks for calling.JSK
- yeah no problem. it was comforting to hear your voice again.iCanHasQBN
- yeah.. americans are the only ones who use oil you dumbassbliznutty
- blitz, don't be ignorant. we're like 5% of the world's population, yet use 25% of the oil.iCanHasQBN
- regardless, i can't believe you have this "it's ok because everyone else is doing it" mentality.iCanHasQBN
- you're glad this is happening b/c we use 25% of world's oil? you're an idiotbliznutty
- what? that's not what i'm saying at all. people need to realize how disgusting oil is so that we WON'T use so much of it.iCanHasQBN
- you're are a ridiculous bleeding heart liberal.. you're heart is WAY bigger than your brainbliznutty
- ah yes, excellent insight.. just calling someone a "bleeding heart liberal". wow. impressive.iCanHasQBN
- never heard that one before! *yawn*.iCanHasQBN
- so if one is concerned about pollution in the water and the air we breathe, that makes them a baaad person, right??iCanHasQBN
- yeah.. you're being an asshole.bogue
- in your mind oil = America = bad (If you had any brain you would see its not that simple)bliznutty
- So you're ok with this outrageous dependency on oil we have? The current situation suits you just fine?iCanHasQBN
- and America DOES = oil. Our entire way of depends on it. Our way of life needs to change.iCanHasQBN
- hey iCanHasBrain, you assume i don't have a heart or b/c i don't agree with your anti-Americanismbliznutty
- i used to think simple like you, black & white, my heart always bleeding- then i grew upbliznutty
- ah yes, i am the simpleton and you're the grown up who has been there and done that. congratulations!...iCanHasQBN
- ...again you offered no point, but would rather belittle someone.iCanHasQBN
- <--- reread your post you idiotbliznutty
- funny with the namecalling. are you an adult? and yes i read my post. in fact i wrote it, so you can probably assumeiCanHasQBN
- ...that i read it.iCanHasQBN
- this post is why i hate dimwitted lefties who are so concerned about the air and the environmentbliznutty
- maybe one day you'll realize that humans cannot breathe or drink money. at least give a shit about future generations.iCanHasQBN
- thats the problem with right-wingers. so self-involved and individualistic. all about me me me. the definition of selfish.iCanHasQBN
- god you're ridiculous..bliznutty
- Your notion that it's a bad thing to care about the environment is what's ridiculous.iCanHasQBN
- my notion is that people like you that 'care about the environment' are not thinking the whole thing throughbliznutty
- again you're heart is bigger than your brain.. and your heart is NOT bigger than minebliznutty
- blitz, are you even aware of the very root problem leading to our irresponsible use of oil?iCanHasQBN
- i just want to see how well YOU'VE "thought this through".iCanHasQBN
- hay guys what's going on here?ernexbcn
- someone is wrong on the internet.iCanHasQBN
- JSK 0
- doesnotexist 0
the case against oil continues
- CALLES 0
- ernexbcn 0
I just bumped the BP thread and noticed this thread afterwards...
- utopian 0
GFY BIG OIL
- CALLES 0
no oil no qbn
- bigtrick 0
well, that blows.
- blogger 0
More bbq explosions
- robotron3k 0
the rig is owned by Mariner Energy
Gulf of Mexico Deepwater: Mariner holds a working interest in more than 90 blocks. The company has participated in more than 35 deepwater projects, operating more than half of them.
Gulf of Mexico Shelf: Mariner is among the largest lease holders on the continental shelf with interests in approximately 240 Federal leases and more than 30 state blocks (at year-end 2009)
- georgesIII 0
It is virtually impossible to live without pretoleum based products,
untill you find a better way to produce Everything,
You should stop complaining everytime it happens, because we're all part of the problem.
small list of oil based products:
Car sound insulation
Soft contact lenses
Sports car bodies
Ice cube trays
Car battery cases
- why are you making me think?vitamins
- Latex not oilnbq
- are there not more than a few startups now that can produce petrol from bacteria etc? just saying....exador1
- yeah, give the material sciences a few years. we're almost there. they are just making the methods scalable.spifflink
- I needs my pantyhoseUglyfreak
- Most of this stuff could and should be made without itali
- drgz 0
have i seen this before
- benfal99 0
The rig wasn't in function yet. No spill.
Get back to work.
Its all right.
- detritus 0
Georges - the point is that a helluva lot of those products can be made without refining oil.
The problem is that until race-to-the-bottom economics don't favour oil either through subsidies or imposition of 'environmental costs', there is little incentive in developing non-oil-based alternatives.
I mean come on - how do you think our ancestors made candles, perfume and fishing Lures before the turn of the last century?
- robotron3k 0
Vermillion Oil Platform 380 = self fail
- benfal99 0
No oil = no plastic
No plastic = everything in plastic around you would be in wood.
Take a look around you, in your office. Imagine all that plastic replaced by wood.
- benfal99 0
... and then we would cut down every single trees on planet... so we're fucked both ways.