- Last post
- 73 Responses
Oil rig explodes 80 miles off Louisiana coast; 12 people reported overboard and one missing, the Coast Guard says.
No I don't/
Yeah, just saw on CNN. This is fucking nuts. In a way I am glad all of this is happening, maybe it'll finally wake Americans up. The Right to Pollute is not one of your freedoms.
- Thanks for calling.JSK
- yeah no problem. it was comforting to hear your voice again.iCanHasQBN
- yeah.. americans are the only ones who use oil you dumbassbliznutty
- blitz, don't be ignorant. we're like 5% of the world's population, yet use 25% of the oil.iCanHasQBN
- regardless, i can't believe you have this "it's ok because everyone else is doing it" mentality.iCanHasQBN
- you're glad this is happening b/c we use 25% of world's oil? you're an idiotbliznutty
- what? that's not what i'm saying at all. people need to realize how disgusting oil is so that we WON'T use so much of it.iCanHasQBN
- you're are a ridiculous bleeding heart liberal.. you're heart is WAY bigger than your brainbliznutty
- ah yes, excellent insight.. just calling someone a "bleeding heart liberal". wow. impressive.iCanHasQBN
- never heard that one before! *yawn*.iCanHasQBN
- so if one is concerned about pollution in the water and the air we breathe, that makes them a baaad person, right??iCanHasQBN
- yeah.. you're being an asshole.bogue
- in your mind oil = America = bad (If you had any brain you would see its not that simple)bliznutty
- So you're ok with this outrageous dependency on oil we have? The current situation suits you just fine?iCanHasQBN
- and America DOES = oil. Our entire way of depends on it. Our way of life needs to change.iCanHasQBN
- hey iCanHasBrain, you assume i don't have a heart or b/c i don't agree with your anti-Americanismbliznutty
- i used to think simple like you, black & white, my heart always bleeding- then i grew upbliznutty
- ah yes, i am the simpleton and you're the grown up who has been there and done that. congratulations!...iCanHasQBN
- ...again you offered no point, but would rather belittle someone.iCanHasQBN
- <--- reread your post you idiotbliznutty
- funny with the namecalling. are you an adult? and yes i read my post. in fact i wrote it, so you can probably assumeiCanHasQBN
- ...that i read it.iCanHasQBN
- this post is why i hate dimwitted lefties who are so concerned about the air and the environmentbliznutty
- maybe one day you'll realize that humans cannot breathe or drink money. at least give a shit about future generations.iCanHasQBN
- thats the problem with right-wingers. so self-involved and individualistic. all about me me me. the definition of selfish.iCanHasQBN
- god you're ridiculous..bliznutty
- Your notion that it's a bad thing to care about the environment is what's ridiculous.iCanHasQBN
- my notion is that people like you that 'care about the environment' are not thinking the whole thing throughbliznutty
- again you're heart is bigger than your brain.. and your heart is NOT bigger than minebliznutty
- blitz, are you even aware of the very root problem leading to our irresponsible use of oil?iCanHasQBN
- i just want to see how well YOU'VE "thought this through".iCanHasQBN
- hay guys what's going on here?ernexbcn
- someone is wrong on the internet.iCanHasQBN
the case against oil continues
I just bumped the BP thread and noticed this thread afterwards...
GFY BIG OIL
no oil no qbn
well, that blows.
More bbq explosions
the rig is owned by Mariner Energy
Gulf of Mexico Deepwater: Mariner holds a working interest in more than 90 blocks. The company has participated in more than 35 deepwater projects, operating more than half of them.
Gulf of Mexico Shelf: Mariner is among the largest lease holders on the continental shelf with interests in approximately 240 Federal leases and more than 30 state blocks (at year-end 2009)
It is virtually impossible to live without pretoleum based products,
untill you find a better way to produce Everything,
You should stop complaining everytime it happens, because we're all part of the problem.
small list of oil based products:
Car sound insulation
Soft contact lenses
Sports car bodies
Ice cube trays
Car battery cases
- why are you making me think?vitamins
- Latex not oilnbq
- are there not more than a few startups now that can produce petrol from bacteria etc? just saying....exador1
- yeah, give the material sciences a few years. we're almost there. they are just making the methods scalable.spifflink
- I needs my pantyhoseUglyfreak
- Most of this stuff could and should be made without itali
have i seen this before
The rig wasn't in function yet. No spill.
Get back to work.
Its all right.
Georges - the point is that a helluva lot of those products can be made without refining oil.
The problem is that until race-to-the-bottom economics don't favour oil either through subsidies or imposition of 'environmental costs', there is little incentive in developing non-oil-based alternatives.
I mean come on - how do you think our ancestors made candles, perfume and fishing Lures before the turn of the last century?
Vermillion Oil Platform 380 = self fail
No oil = no plastic
No plastic = everything in plastic around you would be in wood.
Take a look around you, in your office. Imagine all that plastic replaced by wood.
... and then we would cut down every single trees on planet... so we're fucked both ways.